Allows Plone websites to get better visibility for Google search engine
Plone Google Sitemaps product allows Plone websites to get better visibility on Google search engine by providing it with a complete listing of content URLs to website.
Plone Google Sitemaps allows you to enable different kinds of Google Sitemaps on your Plone website. Such Sitemaps help Google identify site URLs and the data under each site section. With Google Sitemaps enabled, search engines could track your Plone site URLs faster and more efficiently, optimizing their search by placing all the information on one page.
With Plone Google Sitemaps product you can enable following Sitemap types on your Plone website:
- Content Sitemap - is a regular list of pages on your website. Creating and submitting such a Sitemap lets Google know about all the pages on your Plone website, including URLs that may not be discoverable by Google’s normal crawling process.
- Mobile Sitemap - is a specific type of Sitemap, that indexes all site URLs that serve mobile-oriented content.
- News Sitemap - is different from regular Sitemaps, since it is specific to Google News only. It uses the Sitemap protocol, with additional News-specific tags, defined by Google. The package brings protocol with additional Google Sitemaps tab to News Item content type for defining NewsSitemap-specific meta tags.
Different Sitemap types index their own content and do not depend on other Sitemaps.
To enable Google Sitemaps on your site:
- Add Sitemap(s) at Google Sitemap “Settings” tab (Add-on Products Configuarion -> Google Sitemaps). You can add any of the Sitemap types: content, mobile or news.
- Let Google know about your Sitemap(s) by adding your Sitemap to Google Sitemaps.
See detailed instructions on Plone Google Sitemaps usage at http://projects.quintagroup.com/products/wiki/qPloneGoogleSitemaps
If you UPGRADE an older version of quintagroup.plonegooglesitemaps package to a newer one:
- In your zope instance configuration or buildout replace old package version with a new one.
- Run plone instance and reinstall package with Quickinstaller tool (“Add-on Products” in plone control panel).
If you MIGRATE from Products.qPloneGoogleSitemaps to quintagroup.plonegooglesitemaps:
- Add to a new Plone instance/buildout both qPloneGoogleSitemaps product and last version quintagroup.plonegooglesitemaps package.
- Copy Data.fs from old Plone instance to new one.
- Start your new Zope instance/buildout.
The following steps are performed in the plone instance:
- With portal_migration (ZMI) - upgrade plone instance.
- With Quickinstaller tool (“Add-on Products” in plone control panel) deinstall old “Plone Google Sitemaps” product and install new version.
- Go to Import tab in portal_setup tool (ZMI), select “Migrate from qPloneGoogleSitemaps to quintagroup.plonegooglesitemaps” profile from selection box and choose same-named import step and push “Import selected steps” button.
And the last clean-up step:
- Remove qPloneGoogleSitemaps product from your zope instance/buildout configuration.
Watch Plone Google Sitemaps Screencasts at http://quintagroup.com/cms/screencasts/qplonegooglesitemaps to see how to use this products on your Plone instance. Learn about how to install and configure Sitemaps on your Plone instance, how to create new Google Sitemaps, and how to let Google know about them.
- Plone 4.2
- Plone 4.1
- Plone 4.0
- Plone 3.1+
- Updated the classifiers in setup.py[naomin]
- Set the Content-type header for the verification file which is added by user. [potar]
- Fixed deleting the verification file. [potar]
- Updated modification date in Sitemaps for folderish objects which have default pages. Sitemap types have their own index (sitemap_date) which helps to generate Sitemaps without default pages. Index contains the last modification date from this object or from default page. As а result you will not see default pages in sitemap types. [potar]
- Added tests for index (sitemap_date), updated tests. [potar]
- Added deleting (button) the verification file [potar]
- Updated view quintagroup.plonegooglesitemaps (tabs) [potar]
- Plone 4.1 compatibility
- ZCML cleanup no more DeprecationWarning
- Replaced hardcoded filtering to pluggable architecture, with default “id” and “path” filters. [mylan]
- Updated tests, added filtering doctests. [mylan]
- Added migration support from qPloneGoogleSitemaps to quintagroup.plonegooglesitemaps with tests, [mylan]
- All views registered to browserlayer, refuse from Plone-3.0 support. [mylan]
- Force sitemap search content related to the place, where it added to. Added tests, [mylan] Thanks Fabien Moret for suggestion.
- Fixed bug with override competitive schema extender adapter for IATNewsItem, [mylan] Thanks Fabien Moret for suggestion.
- Fixed bug with processing “Missing” data in brains for news sitemap, [mylan]
- Removed upgrade step 1.2 to 1.3 and its testing [liebster]
- Added testing update catalog during installation package [liebster]
- Added uninstalling configlet and its testing [liebster]
- Added registration icon of configlet by Plone4 [liebster]
- Removed using tabindex by templates [liebster]
- Made plone4 related updates [mylan]
- Tests updated [mylan]
- Removed BBB support for plone<3.0 [mylan]
- Added security test [mylan]
- Added mobile sitemap test [mylan]
- Aadded configlet tests [mylan]
- Updated site verification functionality - verification file uploaded to your site. [mylan]
- Fixed links to verification page. [mylan]
- Updated news-sitemap according to new specifications [mylan]
- Added upgrade steps for migrate to 1.3 version [mylan]
- Added tests for new features in news-sitemaps [mylan]
- Added tests for migration [mylan]
- Force canonical_link usage instead of canonilcal_path [mylan]
- Added upgrade steps, for switching from canonical_path to canonical_link [mylan]
- Added tests for upgrades [mylan]
- Updated documentation [mylan]
- Added quintagroup.canonicalpath as required package [mylan]
- Add canonical_path metadata to portal_catalog [mylan]
- Updated getting canonical_path data for sitemap record [mylan]
- Added catalog updating on product installation [mylan]
- Move qPloneGoogleSitemaps v.0.8.6 product into quintagroup.plonegooglesitemaps package [mylan]
- Udpate link for google sitemaps pinging [mylan]
- Update tests [mylan]
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|quintagroup.plonegooglesitemaps-1.8.2.zip (104.2 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None||Apr 22, 2013|