Allows Plone websites to get better visibility for Google search engine
This is a package version of qPloneGoogleSitemap Plone product since qPloneGoogleSitemap v.0.8.6
Plone Google Sitemaps product allows Plone websites to get better visibility for Google search engine by providing it with complete listing of URLs to website content.
Plone Google Sitemaps allows you to enable different kinds of Google Sitemaps on your Plone website. Such Sitemaps help Google identify site URLs and the data under each site section. With Google Sitemaps enabled, search engines could track your Plone site URLs faster and more efficiently, optimizing their search by placing all the information on one page.
With Plone Google Sitemaps product you can enable following Sitemap types on your Plone website:
- Content Sitemap - is a regular list of pages on your website. Creating and submitting such a Sitemap lets Google know about all the pages on your Plone web site, including URLs that may not be discoverable by Google’s normal crawling process.
- Mobile Sitemap - is a specific type of Sitemap, that indexes all site URLs that serve content for mobile devices.
- News Sitemap - is different from regular Sitemaps, since it is specific to Google News only.
Different Sitemap types index their own content and do not depend on other Sitemaps.
To enable Google Sitemaps on your site:
- Add Sitemap(s) at Google Sitemap “Settings” tab (Add-on Products Configuarion -> Google Sitemaps). You can add any of the Sitemap types: content, mobile or news.
- Let Google know about your Sitemap(s) by adding your Sitemap to Google Sitemaps.
See more detailed instructions on Plone Google Sitemaps usage at http://projects.quintagroup.com/products/wiki/qPloneGoogleSitemaps
Watch Plone Google Sitemaps Screencasts at http://quintagroup.com/cms/screencasts/qplonegooglesitemaps to see how to use this products on your Plone instance. Learn about how to install and configure Sitemaps on your Plone instance, how to create new Google Sitemaps, and how to let Google know about them.
See docs/INSTALL.txt for instructions
- Plone 3.x
- Make compatible with quintagroup.canonicalpath v0.6 [mylan]
- Tested with plone-3.x [mylan]
- Fixed MANIFEST.in - added docs content [mylan]
- Added quintagroup.canonicalpath as required package [mylan]
- Add canonical_path metadata to portal_catalog [mylan]
- Updated getting canonical_path data for sitemap record [mylan]
- Added catalog updating on product installation [mylan]
- Move qPloneGoogleSitemaps v.0.8.6 product into quintagroup.plonegooglesitemaps package [mylan]
- Udpate link for google sitemaps pinging [mylan]
- Update tests [mylan]
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size quintagroup.plonegooglesitemaps-1.1.2-py2.4.egg (68.7 kB)||File type Egg||Python version 2.4||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
|Filename, size quintagroup.plonegooglesitemaps-1.1.2.tar.gz (34.1 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
Hashes for quintagroup.plonegooglesitemaps-1.1.2-py2.4.egg
Hashes for quintagroup.plonegooglesitemaps-1.1.2.tar.gz