Allows Plone websites to get better visibility for Google search engine
Plone Google Sitemaps product allows Plone websites to get better visibility for Google search engine by providing it with complete listing of URLs to website content.
Plone Google Sitemaps allows you to enable different kinds of Google Sitemaps on your Plone website. Such Sitemaps help Google identify site URLs and the data under each site section. With Google Sitemaps enabled, search engines could track your Plone site URLs faster and more efficiently, optimizing their search by placing all the information on one page.
With Plone Google Sitemaps product you can enable following Sitemap types on your Plone website:
- Content Sitemap - is a regular list of pages on your website. Creating and submitting such a Sitemap lets Google know about all the pages on your Plone web site, including URLs that may not be discoverable by Google’s normal crawling process.
- Mobile Sitemap - is a specific type of Sitemap, that indexes all site URLs that serve content for mobile devices.
- News Sitemap - is different from regular Sitemaps, since it is specific to Google News only. It uses the Sitemap protocol, with additional News-specific tags, defined by Google. The package brings additional Google Sitempas tab to News Item content type for defining NewsSitemap-specific meta tags.
Different Sitemap types index their own content and do not depend on other Sitemaps.
To enable Google Sitemaps on your site:
- Add Sitemap(s) at Google Sitemap “Settings” tab (Add-on Products Configuarion -> Google Sitemaps). You can add any of the Sitemap types: content, mobile or news.
- Let Google know about your Sitemap(s) by adding your Sitemap to Google Sitemaps.
See detailed instructions on Plone Google Sitemaps usage at http://projects.quintagroup.com/products/wiki/qPloneGoogleSitemaps
Watch Plone Google Sitemaps Screencasts at http://quintagroup.com/cms/screencasts/qplonegooglesitemaps to see how to use this products on your Plone instance. Learn about how to install and configure Sitemaps on your Plone instance, how to create new Google Sitemaps, and how to let Google know about them.
- Plone 3.x or Plone 4.0
- Made plone4 related updates [mylan]
- Tests updated [mylan]
- Removed BBB support for plone<3.0 [mylan]
- Added security test [mylan]
- Added mobile sitemap test [mylan]
- Aadded configlet tests [mylan]
- Updated site verification functionality - verification file uploaded to your site. [mylan]
- Fixed links to verification page. [mylan]
- Updated news-sitemap according to new specifications [mylan]
- Added upgrade steps for migrate to 1.3 version [mylan]
- Added tests for new features in news-sitemaps [mylan]
- Added tests for migration [mylan]
- Force canonical_link usage instead of canonilcal_path [mylan]
- Added upgrade steps, for switching from canonical_path to canonical_link [mylan]
- Added tests for upgrades [mylan]
- Updated documentation [mylan]
- Added quintagroup.canonicalpath as required package [mylan]
- Add canonical_path metadata to portal_catalog [mylan]
- Updated getting canonical_path data for sitemap record [mylan]
- Added catalog updating on product installation [mylan]
- Move qPloneGoogleSitemaps v.0.8.6 product into quintagroup.plonegooglesitemaps package [mylan]
- Udpate link for google sitemaps pinging [mylan]
- Update tests [mylan]
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size quintagroup.plonegooglesitemaps-1.5-py2.4.egg (111.5 kB)||File type Egg||Python version 2.4||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size quintagroup.plonegooglesitemaps-1.5.tar.gz (42.7 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for quintagroup.plonegooglesitemaps-1.5-py2.4.egg
Hashes for quintagroup.plonegooglesitemaps-1.5.tar.gz