Quintagroup Search Engine Optimization Tool
Quintagroup Search Engine Optimization Tool
This product was created to enhance SE visibility of Plone sites.
Copyright (c) “Quintagroup”: http://quintagroup.com, 2004-2009
Product sponsored by “4webresults, SEO and Internet Marketing Services provider”: http://4webresults.com. Plone-3.x.x compatibility, extra configuration features sponsored by:
- “Eogogics Inc.”: http://eogogics.com
- “4webresults”: http://4webresults.com
- “eLawSoftware”: http://www.elawsoftware.com
quintagroup.seoptimizer allows per document editing of:
- HTML Title tag
- META description tag
- META keywords tag
- HTML comment into page header
- META robots tag
- META Disposition tag
- Canonical URl (http://projects.quintagroup.com/products/wiki/qSEOptimizer#CanonicalURL)
For Title, description keywords and comment you have statistics (total/stop/used words, field length counter).
- Go to Plone Control Panel, enable Plone SEO for desired content types
- Go to a document (Blog entry, news item, event, etc)
- Switch to SEO Properties tab
- Select Override checkboxes of features you want to override
- Type-in your SEO values
- Do this for all documents that need enhanced SEO properties
- Plone 3.0+
- For Plone 2.0, 2.1, 2.5 versions - use Plone SEO 1.6.1 release (http://plone.org/products/plone-seo/releases/1.6.1)
- For Plone 3 version and up - use Plone SEO releases starting from 2.0.2 release (http://plone.org/products/plone-seo/releases/2.0.2)
To install quintagroup.seoptimizer into the global Python environment (or a workingenv), using a traditional Zope 2 instance, you can do this:
Copy quintagroup folder to the /path/to/instance/lib/python directory.
Create a file called quintagroup.seoptimizer-configure.zcml in the /path/to/instance/etc/package-includes directory. The file should only contain this:
<include package="quintagroup.seoptimizer" file="configure.zcml" />
Create a file called quintagroup.seoptimizer-overrides.zcml in the /path/to/instance/etc/package-includes directory. The file should only contain this:
<include package="quintagroup.seoptimizer" file="overrides.zcml" />
Restart the Zope server, for example with the following command in the terminal:
$ ./bin/zopectl restart
Alternatively, if you are using zc.buildout and the plone.recipe.zope2instance recipe to manage your project, you can do this:
Add quintagroup.seoptimizer to the list of eggs to install, e.g.:
[buildout] .... eggs = ... quintagroup.seoptimizer
Tell the plone.recipe.zope2instance recipe to install a ZCML slug:
[instance] ... zcml = quintagroup.seoptimizer quintagroup.seoptimizer-overrides
Re-run buildout, e.g. with:
Restart the Zope server, e.g with the following command in the terminal:
$ ./bin/instance restart
Install quintagroup.seoptimizer via ZMI portal_setup. Select quintagroup.seoptimizer from the list of available profiles and press Import all steps.
To uninstall quintagroup.seoptimizer - select quintagroup.seoptimizer uninstall profile from the list of available profiles and press Import all steps.
- Fix url action in qseo_properties_edit_form [liebster]
- Fix page title tag, now it is not duplicated in case site and current page have equal titles [piv]
- Fix seoptimizer intrusion before installation to plone instance [mylan]
- Fix base url for folderish objects [mylan]
- Bind viewlets to specific layer and set viewlets order for all skins. [mylan]
- Canonical url support added [mylan]
- Custom script viewlets in html head added
- Uninstallation package profile title added
- REAME.txt and INSTALL.txt changed, text format ready for PyPi
- Formatted text in docs for PyPi
- Some refactoring of product was done, some python script are moved to zope 3 views. Also all main parts of html head section were moved to viewlets and now can easily be reordered.
- Support of additional keywords added.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size quintagroup.seoptimizer-2.0.7-py2.4.egg (62.6 kB)||File type Egg||Python version 2.4||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size quintagroup.seoptimizer-2.0.7.tar.gz (33.7 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for quintagroup.seoptimizer-2.0.7-py2.4.egg
Hashes for quintagroup.seoptimizer-2.0.7.tar.gz