Free Diazo Theme for Plone
SunRain free responsive diazo theme for Plone 4.3rc1
In SunRain Theme you can change view from: Rain - defined as a default view:
To change between Sun and Rain views - go to ‘Site Setup -> Theming, open Advanced settings tab. In Parameter expressions textarea change theme = string:rain parameter for theme = string:sun or vice versa.
Responsive Web Design
SunRain is a fully responsive theme that allows for easy viewing on mobile devices and tablets. The website will start to automatically resize and reposition the content to accommodate the different device screen sizes.
SunRain diazo theme has replaceable header image for front and inner site pages. To replace default image, upload image with topimage shortname into site root or any site section. Recommended image size: 1000*104px.
SunRain Theme uses customizable slogan. To change it, go to Site Setup -> Theming, open Advanced settings tab. In Parameter expressions change Type your slogan here slogan in slogan line.
If you need your slogan to be displayed in non-ASCII characters, go to Site Setup -> Theming, open Advanced settings tab. In Parameter expressions change the following field
slogan = string:Type your slogan here
slogan = python:path('context/slogan|string:').decode('utf-8', 'ignore')
and in Site Setup -> Zope Management Interface settings -> Properties tab add a new property slogan, type string, value your slogan and save.
SunRain diazo Theme comes with default Plone logo. You can replace it with your own as you would do it in default Plone: in ZMI customize portal_skins -> sunburst_images -> logo.png.
Search box is hidden while browsing. Simply hover the cursor to the search box area for it to appear.
Improved thumbnail display view
To see the changes go to Display drop-down menu and click on Thumbnail view.
Customize: portal_view_customizations -> plone.footer.
Additional features can be activated:
Adds rotating Carousel banner feature.
Allows adding portlets in the header, footer and content area.
Adds TTW Form Generator feature.
Adds adjusted styling to drop-down menu.
Adds multilingual functionality with adjusted styling for language selectors.
Adds four actions for subscription: Share on Twitter, Share on Facebook, Send this and Subscribe to RSS. Their links can be edited via ZMI portal_actions -> subscribe.
Icons can be edited via file system at /src/quintagroup.theme.sunrain/quintagroup/theme/sunrain/static/images folder: replace twitter.png, facebook.png, rss.png and email.png icons with the new ones. Restart instance.
Note, if you only downloaded sunrain.zip, you will not be able to edit links. To do this, go to sunrain folder and open index.html with any editor to make the changes.
When activated, SunRain theme will have specially-styled text portlets: Green Item and Grey Item. To add them, select Static Stylish Portlet from Add portlet… drop-down menu. Provide portlet text into text area, enable Omit portlet border option, and select Green Item/Grey Item style from Portlet style menu.
Static Stylish portlets include special styling for links (e.g. ‘More…’ link). To enable it, select a piece of text and set Link Item style for it (Styles drop-down menu on TinyMCE toolbar).
Note, if you only downloaded sunrain.zip, you will not be able to apply Green Item and Grey Item style to your portlets. To do this, you should go to Site Setup -> Add-on Configuration -> Static Stylish portlet. Click on Add Dropdown select, enter title Green Item or Grey Item, value portletGreyItem or portletGreenItem accordingly and save.
To apply special styling for links, you should go to Site Setup -> TinyMCE Visual Editor. In Styles textarea add Link Item|a|portletLinkItem and save.
- Products.Quills or blog.star
Adds animated Tag Cloud Feature.
Theme was tested with:
- Plone 4.3rc1
- plone.app.theming 1.1b2
- plone.app.themingplugins 1.0b1
- Products.Carousel 2.2.1
- Products.ContentWellPortlets 4.2.1
- Products.PloneFormGen 1.7.6
- quintagroup.dropdownmenu 1.2.11
- Products.LinguaPlone 4.1.3
- quintagroup.sunrain.policy 1.0
- quintagroup.portlet.static 0.7
- Products.Quills 1.8a1
- blog.star 1.1
- quintagroup.portlet.cumulus 1.1.0
quintagroup.theme.sunrain can be installed in any of the following ways.
Installation via diazo panel
- Download zip file at http://plone.org/products/sunrain-plone-theme/releases/6.2/sunrain.zip
- Import the theme at the ‘Diazo theme’ control panel
Installation via buildout
In the buildout.cfg file of your instance:
Add quintagroup.theme.sunrain to the list of eggs to install:
[buildout] ... eggs = ... quintagroup.theme.sunrain
Restart the Zope server:
$ ./bin/instance restart
Then activate ‘Sun and Rain Theme’ in Plone (Site Setup -> Add-ons).
Installation: development mode
If you want to customize SunRain theme please use the following installation instructions:
download quintagroup.theme.sunrain-version.zip archive from http://pypi.python.org/pypi/quintagroup.theme.sunrain
extract theme archive to get quintagroup.theme.sunrain-version folder. Remove version from folder name to have quintagroup.theme.sunrain folder
put quintagroup.theme.sunrain folder into src directory of your buildout
in buildout.cfg file of your buildout add quintagroup.theme.sunrain to the list of eggs you are developing and to the list of eggs to install:
[buildout] ... develop = src/quintagroup.theme.sunrain ... eggs = ... quintagroup.theme.sunrain
Start instance in development mode:
$ ./bin/instance fg
Install Sun and Rain Theme in Plone (Site Setup -> Add-ons).
Now you can customize SunRain Theme by modifying quintagroup.theme.sunrain package in src directory of your buildout.
6.2 March 18, 2013
- Plone 4.3rc1 compatibility added [naivok]
6.1.1 January 09, 2013
- Fixed footer link [naivok]
6.1 November 28, 2012
- Fixed style to eventDetails [naivok]
- Fixed style to history [naivok]
- Added preview image [naivok]
- Added ajax_load [naivok]
6.0.9 August 20, 2012
- Updated .required styles [naivok]
- quintagroup.dropdownmenu 1.2.11 compatibility added [naivok]
6.0.8 - July 19, 2012
- removed unnecessary id attribute for the body [naivok]
- updated Doctype for PLone 4.2 [naivok]
6.0.7 - May 16, 2012
- changed the order of inserting ploneCustom.css [naivok]
- deleted actions.xml [naivok]
- updated the way the footer is inserted [naivok]
- added sunrain class to body [naivok]
- added style to Responsive Web Design [naivok]
6.0.6 - January 12, 2012
- Products.PloneFormGen compatibility added [naivok]
6.0.5 - December 29, 2011
- changed slogan customization [naivok]
6.0.4 - December 26, 2011
- Fixes style for searchbox [naivok]
6.0.3 - December 12, 2011
- possibility to change backround image for the header added [naivok]
- tested with Products.ContentWellPortlets 4.1.0 [naivok]
6.0.2 - November 22, 2011
- drop mobile.css [naivok]
6.0.1 - November 02, 2011
- added base tag [naivok]
6.0 - October 31, 2011
- theme package converted into diazo theme
2.1.1 - August 1, 2011
- removed dependency for quintagroup.portlet.static
- tinymce.xml cleared
- LanguageSelector issue fixed by removing it from configure.zcml
- Plone 4.1 compatibility tested
2.1 - July 5, 2011
- Fixes style for Blog Star (Amend your style for the blog when comments are disabled) [naivok]
2.0 - June 9, 2011
- Theme is compatible with Plone 4.0
- IE fixes for rounded tab cournes
- Dependencies for Cumulus portlet and Products.Quills disabled
- LinguaPlone compatibility tested
1.2 - Feb 8, 2010
- Fixed error when Sun & Rain theme is installed but turned off in portal_skins [koval] - Dec 9, 2009
- Improved print styles [serg] - Dec 10, 2009
- Default page id was changed [serg] - Dec 10, 2009
1.1 - Nov 6, 2009
- Default theme logo changed
1.0 - Sep 9, 2009
- Initial release