Ralph, the responsible leader of the children in `Lord of the Flies`.
Ralph is an asset management system for your data center. It lets you see what hardware and software is installed. It also lets you keep track of who is using every device, for what, and how much it costs.
Ralph’s database can be accessed through a web interface, a RESTful API and through command line tools, the most important of which is the discovery command, which lets Ralph gather information about your data center automatically. You can also export and import parts of the database into different formats.
Released on September 24, 2012.
- Price catalog updated: history of changes tracked, a more intuitive UI for prices per unit of size
- bug fixes in discovery and UI
Released on September 19, 2012.
- Deployment of new machines using PXE implemented
- CMDB: change acceptance
- DHCP can be served and reconfigured remotely
- Improved reports: new report types for devices, main menu entry for generic reports, a details view for devices in reports
- API supports throttling
- A new component kind, OperatingSystem, with information about CPU, memory and disk storage visible from the operating system
- Operating system components included in pricing
- OpenStack pricing now includes pricing margins
- Extra costs are now a dictionary
- Improved date pickers in UI
Released on August 20, 2012.
- Pricing: cached prices updated after changes in the catalog; component price calculation includes custom sizes when relevant
- ralph commands no longer display the unhelpful “Error opening file for reading: Permission denied” message
- Usability improvements in editing CI relations
- Preliminary timeline view for CMDB added
- Git configuration change from Puppet agent now knows if a change was successful
- minor bugfixes
Released on August 13, 2012.
- OpenStack plugin now accepts OPENSTACK_EXTRA_QUERIES setting, containing a list of tuples in the form (url, query) of additional data sources to check.
- make the discovery plugins use soft delete
- the proxmox discovery plugin now counts local storage used
- added a “delete” link in the addresses view
- positions in racks are now numbered from the bottom
- CMDB: enabled removing relations, faster git handling
- bugfixes in CMDB and UI code
Released on August 08, 2012.
- edit links for devices and components
- soft-deletable devices
- a view showing physical layout of racks
- add a filter form in the networks view
- small usability improvements in the history user interface
- added a “zabbixregister” command for automatically creating hosts and host templates in Zabbix
- bugfixes in the CMDB
- bugfixes in the discovery plugins
Released on August 01, 2012.
- a rudimentary reports tab on device lists to filter devices according to specified rules
- venture tree collapsible
- CMDB integration scripts integrated into framework
- CMDB supports distributed plugins
- minor fixes in the Web app
Released on July 23, 2012.
- ralph chains command to list available plug-in chains
- fixed regression from 1.0.1: settings-local.py works correctly again
- ability to create new devices from the web application
- several minor bugfixes
- added cmdb charts for dashboard
Released on July 18, 2012.
- ralph management command introduced as a shortcut to python manage.py
- ralph makeconf management command introduced to create configuration from a template
- PyPI package fixed by including all resources in the source package
- minor fixes for the SQLite backend
- minor documentation fixes and updates
Released on July 16, 2012.
- initial release