Scrooge module brings billing functionality to Ralph. Using Ralph Scrooge, you can retrieve information on the use of resources from many other systems and charge other services. Scrooge generates flexible and accurate cost reports and let you refer to historical usages and costs.
Ralph Scrooge is a combination of IT management and accounting software. By using Scrooge your company can optimize the costs of internal services and departments, by reviewing their structure and dependencies.
- costs module, where you can provide invoice costs, staff costs and other costs (licences, supports etc.)
- many plugins to retrieve information on the use of resources from other systems
- charging other services proportionally to the use of resources by their devices
- many full-featured reports (costs per service, costs and usages per single device, dependency structure)
- OpenStack support (tenants, simple usages, ceilometer)
- pluginable architecture - write your own plugins to collect data and calculate costs of your services!
- API to upload information from other systems
Visit Ralph documentation to learn more about Ralph and Scrooge features!
Released on April 23, 2015
- Added versioning to static files.
- Added database and Virtual IP as default components.
- Change default settings for collect plugins.
- Unification of menu items in angular views and old django views.
- Removed unnecessary ‘Extra costs’ and ‘Usage types’ menu items.
Released on April 13, 2015
- Project name changed from Ralph Pricing to Ralph Scrooge
- Redesigned architecure comparing to (old) ralph_pricing
- Calculation based on services and environments instead of ventures
- Base PricingObject model to simplify adding new types of chared objects (ex. Database, Virtual server, Tenant)
- Costs are (re)calculated and stored in database
- Many performance improvements
- New client GUI written in AngularJS
- Components: preview of historical objects (server, virtual, database etc) per service for single day
- Costs card: summary of service costs in single month
- Allocations: add service or team specific costs and manage it’s distribution to other services
- Costs: detailed costs for each pricing object
- New charging types:
- Dynamic extra costs: specify cost (like Extra cost) and a dynamic way of it’s distribution (ex. cores count)
- New collect plugins:
- Collecting Database, VIP, Tenant info from Ralph
- OpenStack SimpleUsage plugin
- OpenStack Ceilometer MongoDB plugin
- Support plugins (from Ralph Assets)
- New permissions:
- Every (active) Ralph user has access to client part (components, allocation, cost card) for services which he owns
- Admin (ralph_scrooge group) has access to whole system
- Adjusted ralph_pricing to work in parallel with ralph_scrooge
- Added regular usages to service
- Rounding value on report
- Added yeasterday flag to pricing_sync
- Added new extracost model
- Fixed team average with ventures subset
- Added exclude ventures for base usages
- Added ventures filter and forecast price to ceilometer report plugin
- Changed profit center field length from 75 to 255
- Logs compatible with python 2.7.3
- Improved services usages api logging
- Fixed fixed header scroll in reports
- Added DirectoryTimedRotatingFileHandler
- Removed sentry workaround
- Improved default loggers and config
- Separated unknown ventures for shares groups
- Fixed decimal precision in tests
- Remove back collecting disk share mount
- Fixed report error log text
- Added average team billing model
- Added share multiple groups
- Added san collect plugin
- Added exclude ventures to teams
- Added required permisions to view scrooge
- Renamed package to ralph_scrooge
- Added coverals
- Fixed venture hierarchy, when venture have no parent then venture parent is None
- Added html documentation
- New devices report
- Devices ventures changes report
- New ceilometer report plugin logic and logging tweakups
- Fixed asset collect plugin (replacing to None)
- Ceilometer collect plugin bugfixes
- Added venture tree rebuild when venture plugin job is finished
- Fixed extra costs - add more than 5 rows (with dynamic adding)
- Fixed header in csv statement
- Improved gitignore and manifest
- When venture have no parent set venture parent as none
- Fixed report table header on scroll.
- Exception instan error in logging on report plugin run.
- Fixed raise exception 0/0 by team plugins.
- Added extra costs to report as separated column and service to total cost.
- Fixed saving device_id, sn and barcode
- Added monthly statement
- Added plugin to bill cloud 1.0 from ralph
- Fixed ventures daily usages header colspan
- nfdump get only ips from given network.
- Changed logging to logger in network plugin.
- Only usage types wtih is_manually_type flag are show in menu.
- Fixed calculating price. Massage incomplete_price was incorrect sometime.
- Fixed percent rounding for teams.
- Remove PLN from fields and add it to name of column.
- Average option for usages is now available.
- Fixed is_blade. Now it is truly boolean value.
- Added overwriting in push API.
- Added ventures daily usages report.
- Fixed usages columns width.
- Fixed nfdump_str, executed command on remote server.
- Added console statistics
- Upgrade ceilometer collect plugins.
- Added ceilometer report plugin.
- Fixed overwriting configuration by pluggableaps.
- Fixed logging from collect plugins. Now, when venture does not exist log warning.
- Upgrade inserting teams usages. Added total prcent information and button to dynamically add more rows.
- Plugins indentify usages only by symbols. Name and more options are set as defaults.
- Added multiple ventures option for single virtual server usages. settings.VIRTUAL_VENTURE_NAMES must be dict where key is name of groub and value is list of ventures.
- Network cost is by providers.
- Remove teams count table and added count to usage price table.
- Displayed name changed from Ralph Pricing to Scrooge.
- Added service model and plugin for billing service depending on it’s usage types, base usage types and dependent services.
- Change report plugins architecture (change from function to classes, create plugin for base usages (eg. power consumption) and dedicated plugin for depreciation).
- Added teams billing. Teams could be billed in 4 models: by time, by devices count, by devices and cores count or by cost distribution between other teams depending on other teams members count.
- Modified collects virtual plugin for getting usages for more than one virtual systems.
- Created plugin for colleting internet usages per IP address (using nfsen).
- Added height of device usage.
- Removed old AllVentures report and warehouse option from report.
- PUSH API for usages of service resources by ventures.
- New white theme.
- Added scrooge logger sentry
- Changes in the architecture. Generate report from plugins for each usage
- Create few plugins for each usage
- Distinguish two groups of plugins, reports and collections
- Rebuild generate reports view and add it as beta venture view
- New report contains separated columns for warehouses for one report
- Increased efficiency of report generation
- Fix splunk plugin
- Used pluggableapps for scrooge config
- Added more logs from logger
- Added separated logger for scrooge
- Openstack ceilometer plugin
- When usage is per warehouse then warehouse must be chosen
- Fix datepicker on report subpage
- Added flag to hide/show usages on report
- Remove TopVenture subpage
- If assets plugin cannot find device by asset_id then try get device by sn
- Changes in the architecture. Now devices are taken by asset plugin from assets
- Remove device and cores plugin (This this is a role of asset plugin)
- DailyUsage contains warehouse field
- Added version of usage type price based on cost
- Added price or cost per warehouse
- Now venture reports are generated per warehouse (only colums with flag by_warehouse are different between reports)
- Added forecast prices and costs and possibility to generate forecast reports
- Added cost to price converter used by ‘get_assets_count_price_cost’ method
Released on December 11, 2013
- F5 devices billing added.
Released on November 03, 2013
- Added search boxes, filters and additional columns in admin.
- Fixed corner-case bug related to calculation of bladesystems costs.
Released on August 08, 2013
- Added “show only active” option in the reports
- Added short descriptions to reports templates
- Fixed assets plugin - IntegrityError protection, added new tests
- Show extra costs in the extra costs types admin
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.