Provides audio and video support for articles.
raptus.article.media provides audio and video support for Articles.
The following features for raptus.article are provided by this package:
- Audio - Based on File - add your audio files in a article.
- Video - Based on File - add your video files in a article.
- VideoEmbed - Based on Link - add your reference to your video in a article.
- Audio (List of the audio files contained in the article)
- Video (List of the video files contained in the article)
To install raptus.article.media into your Plone instance, locate the file buildout.cfg in the root of your Plone instance directory on the file system, and open it in a text editor.
Add the actual raptus.article.media add-on to the “eggs” section of buildout.cfg. Look for the section that looks like this:
eggs = Plone
This section might have additional lines if you have other add-ons already installed. Just add the raptus.article.media on a separate line, like this:
eggs = Plone raptus.article.media
Note that you have to run buildout like this:
Then go to the “Add-ons” control panel in Plone as an administrator, and install or reinstall the “raptus.article.default” product.
Note that if you do not use the raptus.article.default package you have to include the zcml of raptus.article.media either by adding it to the zcml list in your buildout or by including it in another package’s configure.zcml.
Plone 3 compatibility
This packages requires plone.app.imaging which requires two pins in buildout when using Plone 3, which there are:
Products.Archetypes = 1.5.16 plone.scale = 1.2
call this view on myplone/@@blob-article-media-migration and run the migration. all teaser have a separate view at myplone/@@blob-article-teaser-migration.
You may now add videos, embedded videos and audio file in your article. Click the “Add new” menu and select “Video”, “Embedded video” or “Audio” in the pull down menu. You get the standard plone form to add your video, embedded video or audio file.
Navigate to the “Components” tab of your article, select the video or audio component and press “save and view”. Note that at least one video or audio file has to be contained in the article in which this component is active.
Supported media types
Supporting additional video formats
To extend the supported video formats with
include stxnext.transform.avi2flv in your buildout and reinstall raptus.article.media.
Go to http://pypi.python.org/pypi/stxnext.transform.avi2flv to read more about the server side requirements of stxnext.transform.avi2flv.
Copyright and credits
raptus.article is copyrighted by Raptus AG and licensed under the GPL. See LICENSE.txt for details.
Note: You find a developer manual for raptus.article at raptus.article.core. Please have look there if you need more information.
- IVideos (Provider for video files and embedded ones contained in an article)
- getVideos - method (Returns a list of video files and embedded ones (catalog brains))
- ITeaser (Handler for image thumbing of videos)
- getTeaserURL - method (Returns the url to the teaser image in the specific size. The sizes are taken from the raptus_article properties sheet and are formed by the following name schema: media_<size>_(height|width)
- getTeaser - method (Returns the html tag of the teaser image in the specific size. The sizes are taken from the raptus_article properties sheet and are formed by the following name schema: media_<size>_(height|width)
- getSize - method (Returns the width and height registered for the specific size)
- IVideo (Marker interface for the video content type)
- IVideoEmbed (Marker interface for the video embed content type)
- IVideoEmbedder (Provides html for different video providers)
- matches - method (Whether the embeder matches the adapted obj or not)
- getEmbedCode - method (Returns the html)
- IAudios (Provider for audio files contained in an article)
- getAudios - method (Returns a list of audio files (catalog brains))
- IAudio (Marker interface for the audio content type)
- Added new configuration option to enable/disable media links
- Added new configuration option to enable/disable audio titles
- Fixed bad release
- Added https support
- fixed missing url parameter for article viewlet
- Added support for YouTube short URLs
- Added MyVideo embedding support
- add blob storage migration @@blob-article-media-migration
- Added French translations
- Updated readme and manual
- First public release