RAR archive reader for Python
- Supports both RAR2 and RAR3 archives (WinRAR 2.x .. WinRAR 4.x).
- Supports multi volume archives.
- Supports Unicode filenames.
- Supports password-protected archives.
- Supports archive and file comments.
- Archive parsing and non-compressed files are handled in pure Python code.
- Compressed files are extracted by executing external tool: either unrar from RARLAB or bsdtar from libarchive.
- Works with both Python 2.7 and 3.x.
- Does not support the RAR5 format introduced in WinRAR 5.0.
- bsdtar does not support all RAR3 features.