An add-on for Zope and Plone which aims to provide user-friendly automatically generated documentation about workflow definitions.
This add-on for Zope and Plone aims to provide user-friendly automatically generated documentation about workflow definitions.
Currently the following Zope3-style views for Products.DCWorkflow.interfaces.IDCWorkflowDefinition are provided:
- @@wf-graph: Render an image representing the workflow’s states and transitions as a graph.
- @@wf-doc: Render an HTML page describing the workflow. This includes the graph mentioned above.
- @@wf-doc-user-friendly: Same as @@wf-doc but hides some roles and permissions and the “acquire” column.
- @@wf-validate: Validate the workflow according to a set of general rules.
- Tested with Plone 4.3.x. However only Zope 2 is required (hopefuly).
- Graphviz. More precisely: there must be an executable called dot in the system path and the user running Zope must have execute permission on it.
- Other requirements are pure Python packages registered on PyPI and distutils should handle them without problems.
It was not tested on Windows. I suspect it won’t work because of the name of the executable, i.e dot != dot.exe.
This package is easy_install’able. Just make it available in your Zope Instance and don’t forget to load its ZCMLs. If you don’t have any idea of what I’m talking about please refer to Installing an Add-on Product.
Just use the provided views on an workflow definition. Examples (type these URLs in your browser):
You can pass the following parameters to @@wf-graph in the query string: hide_roles and hide_permissions. These are lists of things to hide in the output, separated by “.”. Example:
There’s also the hide_acquire parameter, which hides the “acquired” column.
- Render an HTML image map, so the user can click on a state or transition and see its description.
- Test and adapt for Windows.
- Make the location of the dot executable configurable.
- Write automatic tests.
Help is welcome. Contact the author or file a ticket at the Issue tracker.
- To lucmult, for reporting the bug #2 (the one fixed in 0.0.3).
- Plone 4.3.x compatibility.
- Workflow validation (@@wf-validate view and correspondent function).
- Implemented i18n.
- Added z3c.autoinclude.plugin entry point.
- Now @@wf-doc uses main_template.
- Added @@wf-doc-user-friendly.
- Corrected packaging error: README.txt was not included in the released tarball :-(.
- Added “acquired” column to @@wf-doc.
- First release.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size rbco.wfdocumentator-1.0.0.zip (19.5 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|