rd-api is an HTTP file server that provides static file hosting and reliable download api for rd client.
rd-api serves files under web-root. You can use it like python3 -m http.server.
In addition, if rd command line tool is used to do the download, it will download in a reliable way by downloading in 2MiB blocks and verify checksum for each block.
To install this package:
$ sudo apt install -y redis-server # redis is used to cache block sha1sum $ pip install --user rd-api $ rd-api --help $ ~/.local/bin/rd-api --help # if ~/.local/bin/ is not in PATH
$ ls bigfile1 bigfile2 $ rd-api --host 0.0.0.0 --port 8082
client side (requires rd client):
$ rd http://server-ip:8082/bigfile1
Reliable download is implemented this way:
- User uses rd client to request a resource to download.
- rd client requests resource block metadata via the /rd/ api. Block metadata contains block count, block id, block byte offset, block content sha1sum.
- rd-api calculates and serves block metadata to rd client incrementally. Block metadata is cached in redis after calculation.
- rd client fetches block using HTTP/1.1 Range header and verifies sha1sum incrementally. When all blocks are downloaded and verified, combine blocks to get the final resource.
- rd client will retry on http errors and sha1sum verification failures.
- rd client supports continuing a partial download. You can press Ctrl-C to stop download anytime, and continue later by running the same command again.
Reliable download is written in Haskell, binary is distributed on PyPI for easy installation on linux system. Reliable download only runs in linux.
- v126.96.36.199 2022-03-14
- bugfix: revised logging messages. rd-api supports –verbose option. debug msg is not shown by default.
- feature: code ported to ghc 8.10.7
- v188.8.131.52 2018-05-10
- feature: support passing arguments using env variables, for cli arg –redis-host, the env variable will be REDIS_HOST.
- bugfix: fix cli argument parsing for string types
- v184.108.40.206 2018-05-09
- update installation doc, rd-api requires redis server
- v220.127.116.11 2018-05-09
- init release.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
Hashes for rd_api-18.104.22.168-py2.py3-none-any.whl