REANA - Reusable Analyses
REANA is a reusable and reproducible research data analysis platform. It helps researchers to structure their input data, analysis code, containerised environments and computational workflows so that the analysis can be instantiated and run on remote compute clouds.
REANA was born to target the use case of particle physics analyses, but is applicable to any scientific discipline. The system paves the way towards reusing and reinterpreting preserved data analyses even several years after the original publication.
- structure research data analysis in reusable manner
- instantiate computational workflows on remote clouds
- rerun analyses with modified input data, parameters or code
- support for several compute clouds (Kubernetes/OpenStack)
- support for several workflow specifications (CWL, Serial, Yadage)
- support for several shared storage systems (Ceph)
- support for several container technologies (Docker)
Version 0.4.0 (2018-11-07)
- Uses common OpenAPI client in communications between workflow engines and job controller.
- Improves AMQP re-connection handling.
- Enhances test suite and increases code coverage.
- Changes license to MIT.
Version 0.3.0 (2018-09-27)
- Introduces new Serial workflow engine for simple sequential workflow needs.
- Enhances progress reporting for CWL, Serial and Yadage workflow engines.
- Simplifies reana-client command set and usage scenarios.
- Introduces multi-user capabilities with mandatory access tokens.
- Adds support for multi-node clusters using shared CephFS volumes.
- Adds support for Kubernetes 1.11, Minikube 0.28.2.
- Upgrades CWL workflow engine to use latest cwltool version.
- Fixes several bugs such as binary file download with Python 3.
Version 0.2.0 (2018-04-23)
- Adds support for Common Workflow Language workflows.
- Adds support for persistent user-selected workflow names.
- Enables file and directory input uploading using absolute paths.
- Enriches reana-client and reana-cluster command set.
- Reduces verbosity level for commands and improves error messages.
Version 0.1.0 (2018-01-30)
- Initial public release.
Please note that REANA is in an early alpha stage of its development. The developer preview releases are meant for early adopters and testers. Please don’t rely on released versions for any production purposes yet.