|Info:||This is the README file for rebookmaker.|
|Author:||Shlomi Fish <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Copyright:||© 2020, Shlomi Fish.|
rebookmaker - an open source (MIT-licensed) re-implementation of Marcelo Lira’s ( @setanta ) ebookmaker.
EPUB is a popular and open file format standard for electronic books (see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EPUB for more information about it). What rebookmaker (= “re-ebook-maker”) does is compile a definition of the book inside a JSON file along with some input HTML and image files into an .epub.
pip3 install rebookmaker
Since the name “ebookmaker” was taken on pypi and it is common courtesy to change the name, I picked “rebookmaker” since it was available on pypi and as a pun on reboots in fiction because it was a rewrite.
The issue where I requested an explicit licensing of the original project is here: https://github.com/setanta/ebookmaker/issues/8 but I have yet to receive a reply.
You can find some examples for valid input by perusing the code in https://github.com/shlomif/screenplays-common and https://github.com/shlomif/shlomi-fish-homepage . Preparing some less generic examples is on my TODO list.
This project aims for compatibility with setanta’s project, but some functionality may be still missing and I also added some new one.
- http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/epub/README - DocBook 5 can be converted to EPUB.
- https://github.com/shlomif/cookiecutter–shlomif-latemp-sites - contains some custom XSLT stylesheets for reproducible builds and other features.
- https://pypi.org/project/ebookmaker/ - by Project Gutenberg: accepts a different input.
- https://packages.debian.org/source/sid/strip-nondeterminism - allow for reproducible builds EPUBs.
Copyright © 2020, Shlomi Fish. All rights reserved.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
- Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions, and the following disclaimer.
- Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions, and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
- Neither the name of the author of this software nor the names of contributors to this software may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written consent.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS “AS IS” AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT OWNER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size rebookmaker-0.8.7.tar.gz (21.4 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|