Error logging and reporting middleware
This package implements a WSGI middleware filter which intercepts exceptions and writes them to a Python logging module channel (or the wsgi.errors filehandle, if no channel is configured). It also allows the browsing of limited exception history via a browser UI.
Install using setuptools, e.g. (within a virtualenv):
$ easy_install repoze.errorlog
or using pip:
$ pip install repoze.errorlog
For details on using the various components, please see the documentation in docs/index.rst. A rendered version of that documentation is also available online:
Please report bugs in this package to
Obtaining Source Code
Download development or tagged versions of the software by visiting:
- Add support for Python 3.5.
- Drop support for Python 2.6 and 3.2.
- Add support for Python 3.2, 3,3, and 3.4, and PyPy3.
- Drop dependency on Paste (forking / simplifying paste.request.parse_querystring and paste.request.construct_url).
- Add support for testing on Travis.
- Add Sphinx documentation.
- Drop support for Python 2.4 / 2.5.
- This release is the last which will maintain support for Python 2.4 / Python 2.5.
- Add support for continuous integration using tox and jenkins.
- Add support for PyPy.
- Add ‘setup.py dev’ alias (runs setup.py develop plus installs nose and coverage).
- Moved to github.
- Make it possible to send exceptions to a logger channel as described in the docs; this didn’t actually work previously because a) I’m not very good at programming and b) the Python logging module is terrible (using s[-1] and not catching an exception when the string is empty rather than using s.endswith(), at least under Python 2.4).
- Bump copyrights.
- Remove dependency on ez_setup.py.
- Docs now show how to use ErrorLog outside PasteDeploy.
- Avoid a dependency on elementtree when used with Python 2.5 and later. In those Python versions we used the built-in xml.etree support.
- 100% test coverage.
- Remove post-mortem debug middleware (moved to repoze.debug).
- Initial PyPI release.
- Add post-mortem debug middleware (egg:repoze.errorlog#pdbpm)
- Remove versions from dependencies.
- Get rid of find-link point to http://dist.repoze.org in setup.py.
- Bump ez_setup.py version.
- Depend on elementree 1.2.6 explicitly.
- Add ignore feature to configuration. A value consisting of space-separated entry point names can be used here, indicating that these exception types should not be logged or kept in exception history.
- Allow __error_log__ view path to be configured via path entry in Paste configuration.
- Place repoze.errorlog.path and repoze.errorlog.entryid in the WSGI environment to allow error-catching middleware and apps to compose URLs to errors.
- 0.2 didn’t work as a filter. :-(
- Don’t use zope.pagetemplate, it has too many (potentially conflicting) dependencies. Instead use meld for template views.
- Provide a TTW view (accessible via /__error_log__) of recent tracebacks.
- Initial release.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|File Name & Checksum SHA256 Checksum Help||Version||File Type||Upload Date|
|repoze.errorlog-1.1-py2-none-any.whl (13.6 kB) Copy SHA256 Checksum SHA256||2.7||Wheel||Jun 3, 2016|
|repoze.errorlog-1.1-py3-none-any.whl (13.6 kB) Copy SHA256 Checksum SHA256||3.4||Wheel||Jun 3, 2016|
|repoze.errorlog-1.1.tar.gz (21.1 kB) Copy SHA256 Checksum SHA256||–||Source||Jun 3, 2016|