Middleware which implements a retryable exceptions
This package implements a WSGI middleware filter which intercepts “retryable” exceptions and retries the WSGI request a configurable number of times. If the request cannot be satisfied via retries, the exception is reraised.
Install using setuptools, e.g. (within a virtualenv):
$ easy_install repoze.retry
or using pip:
$ pip install repoze.retry
For details on using the various components, please see the documentation in docs/index.rst. A rendered version of that documentation is also available online:
Please report bugs in this package to
Obtaining Source Code
Download development or tagged versions of the software by visiting:
- Add support for testing under Travis.
- Add support for Python 3.4 and 3.5 and PyPy3.
- Drop support for Python 2.6 and 3.2.
- Add support for Python 3.2 and 3.3.
- Make sure app_iter gets closed when there is a broken pipe or other exception that interrupts the response generator.
- Allow suppression of tracebacks being written to wsgi.errors during retries.
- Fix handling of case where environ[‘CONTENT_LENGTH’] is an empty string.
- Moved documentation to Sphinx.
- Micro-optimization in lookup of ‘wsgi.errors’ from WSGI environ.
- Fixed bug where wsgi.input read errors were not being caught for payloads large enough to cause a chunked read. Also expanded the error handling for this part to catch IOError in addition to socket.error, since mod_wsgi has been observed to raise IOError in some cases.
- Don’t write a temporary file unless the request content length is greater than 2MB (use a StringIO instead).
- Make ZPublisher.Publish:Retry exceptions retryable (via a soft dependency). This makes repoze.retry work the same as the Zope 2 publisher when that module is installed.
- 100% test coverage.
- Change documentation to show proper retryable exception syntax in paste config.
- Close the app_iter at appropriate points to silence lint errors.
- Return a Bad Request error if we get a socket error while reading input.
- Fix traceback output to wsgi.errors (it was going to console).
- Assert that downstream app must call start_response before successfully returning.
- Seek wsgi.input back to zero before retrying a request due to a conflict error.
- Fixed concurrency bug whereby a response from one request might be returned as result of a different request.
- Initial PyPI release.
- Added WSGI conformance testing for the middleware.
- Made the retryable exception(s) configurable, removing the hardwired dependency on ZODB3.
- Relaxed requirement for ZODB 3.7.2, since we might need to use the package with other verions.
- Depend on PyPI release of ZODB 3.7.2. Upgrade to this by doing bin/easy_install -U ‘ZODB3 >= 3.7.2, < 3.8.0a’ if necessary.
- Write retry attempts to ‘wsgi.errors’ stream if availabile.
- Depend on rerolled ZODB 3.7.1 instead of zopelib.
- Add license and copyright, change trove classifiers.
- We now buffer the result of a downstream application’s ‘start_response’ call so we can retry requests which have already called start_response without breaking the WSGI spec (the server’s start_response may only be called once unless there is an exception, and then it needs to be called with an exc_info three-tuple, although we’re uninterested in that case here).
- The entry point name was wrong (it referred to “tm”). Change it so that egg:repoze.retry#retry should work in paste configs.
- Depend on zopelib rather than ZODB 3.8.0b3 distribution, because the ZODB distribution pulls in various packages (zope.interface and ZEO most notably) that are incompatible with stock Zope 2.10.4 apps and older sandboxes. We’ll need to revisit this.
- Initial release.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|File Name & Checksum SHA256 Checksum Help||Version||File Type||Upload Date|
|repoze.retry-1.4-py2-none-any.whl (12.2 kB) Copy SHA256 Checksum SHA256||2.7||Wheel||Jun 3, 2016|
|repoze.retry-1.4-py3-none-any.whl (12.2 kB) Copy SHA256 Checksum SHA256||3.4||Wheel||Jun 3, 2016|
|repoze.retry-1.4.tar.gz (27.4 kB) Copy SHA256 Checksum SHA256||–||Source||Jun 3, 2016|