Sphinx extension: auto-generates API docs from Zope interfaces
Install via easy_install:
$ bin/easy_install repoze.sphinx.autointerface
or any other means which gets the package on your PYTHONPATH.
Registering the Extension
Add repoze.sphinx.autointerface to the extensions list in the conf.py of the Sphinx documentation for your product. E.g.:
extensions = ['sphinx.ext.autodoc', 'sphinx.ext.doctest', 'repoze.sphinx.autointerface', ]
Using the Extension
At appropriate points in your document, call out the interface autodocs via:
.. autoinclude:: yourpackage.interfaces.IFoo
Output from the directive includes
- the fully-qualified interface name
- any base interfaces
- the doctstring from the interface, rendered as reSTX.
- the members of the interface (methods and attributes).
- For each attribute, the output includes the attribute name and its description.
- For each method, the output includes the method name, its signature, and its docstring (also rendered as reSTX).
- Packaging change: improved description in README.txt.
- Packaging bug: the ‘long_description’ was not rendering properly to HTML on PyPI.
- Initial release.