Per-request transactions via WSGI middleware
repoze.tm2 (Transaction Manager)
Middleware which uses the ZODB transaction manager to wrap a call to its pipeline children inside a transaction. This is a fork of the repoze.tm package which depends only on the transaction package rather than the entirety of ZODB (for users who don’t rely on ZODB).
- Add support for Python 3.4, 3.5 and PyPy3.
- Drop support for Python 2.6 and 3.2.
- Add support for testing under Travis.
- Avoid swallowing the original exception while aborting the transaction in middleware. See PR #3.
- Middleware is now a generator, to deal appropriately with application iterators which are themselves not lists.
- Convert use of deprecated failIf/failUnless to assertFalse/assertTrue.
- Add support for testing under supported Pythons using Tox.
- Add explicit support for Python 3.2 ad 3.3.
- Drop support for Python 2.4, 2.5.
- Run OOTB under Python 2.4 / 2.5 (pin ‘transaction’ dependency to a supported version when running under 2.4 / 2.5).
- A new header X-Tm is now honored by the default_commit_veto commit veto hook. If this header exists in the headerlist, its value must be a string. If its value is commit, the transaction will be committed regardless of the status code or the value of X-Tm-Abort. If the value of the X-Tm header is abort (or any other string value except commit), the transaction will be aborted regardless of the status code or the value of X-Tm-Abort.
- Use of the X-Tm-Abort header is now deprecated. Instead use the X-Tm header with a value of abort instead.
- Add API docs section.
- Added repoze.tm.default_commit_veto commit veto hook. This commit veto hook aborts for 4XX and 5XX response codes, or if there’s a header named X-Tm-Abort in the headerlist and allows a commit otherwise.
- Documented commit veto hook.
- Don’t commit after aborting if the transaction was doomed or if the commit veto aborted.
- Don’t use “real” transaction module in tests.
- 100% test coverage.
- RESTify CHANGES, move docs in README.txt into Sphinx.
- Remove setup.cfg (all dependencies available via PyPI).
- Synchronization point with repoze.tm (0.9).
Allow commit_veto hook to be specified within Paste config, ala:
[filter:tm] use = repoze.tm:make_tm commit_veto = some.package:myfunction
myfunction should take three args: environ, status, headers and should return True if the txn should be aborted, False if it should be committed.
Initial PyPI release.
- Provide “commit_veto” hook point (contributed by Alberto Valverde).
- Point easy_install at http://dist.repoze.org/tm2/dev/simple via setup.cfg.
- Fork point: we’ve created repoze.tm2, which is repoze.tm that has a dependency only on the ‘transaction’ package instead of all of ZODB.
- Better documentation for non-Zope usage in README.txt.
- Relaxed requirement for ZODB 3.7.2, since we might need to use the package with other verions. Note that the tests which depend on transaction having “doom” semantics don’t work with 3.7.2, anyway.
- Depend on PyPI release of ZODB 3.7.2. Upgrade to this by doing bin/easy_install -U ‘ZODB3 >= 3.7.1, < 3.8.0a’ if necessary.
- after_end.register and after_end.unregister must now be passed a transaction object rather than a WSGI environment to avoid the possibility that the WSGI environment used by a child participating in transaction management won’t be the same one used by the repoze.tm package.
- repoze.tm now inserts a key into the WSGI environment (repoze.tm.active) if it’s active in the WSGI pipeline. An API function, repoze.tm:isActive can be called with a single argument, the WSGI environment, to check if the middleware is active.
- Depend on rerolled ZODB 3.7.1 instead of zopelib.
- Add license and copyright, change trove classifiers.
- Depend on zopelib rather than ZODB 3.8.0b3 distribution, because the ZODB distribution pulls in various packages (zope.interface and ZEO most notably) that are incompatible with stock Zope 2.10.4 apps and older sandboxes. We’ll need to revisit this.
- Provide limited compatibility for older transaction package versions which don’t support the ‘transaction.isDoomed’ API.
- Provide after_end API for registering callbacks at transaction end.
- Initial Release
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|repoze.tm2-2.1-py2-none-any.whl (11.4 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||2.7|
|repoze.tm2-2.1-py3-none-any.whl (11.4 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||3.4|
|repoze.tm2-2.1.tar.gz (26.3 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None|