OAuthlib authentication support for Requests.
This project provides first-class OAuth library support for Requests.
The OAuth 1 workflow
OAuth 1 can seem overly complicated and it sure has its quirks. Luckily, requests_oauthlib hides most of these and let you focus at the task at hand.
Accessing protected resources using requests_oauthlib is as simple as:
>>> from requests_oauthlib import OAuth1Session >>> twitter = OAuth1Session('client_key', client_secret='client_secret', resource_owner_key='resource_owner_key', resource_owner_secret='resource_owner_secret') >>> url = 'https://api.twitter.com/1/account/settings.json' >>> r = twitter.get(url)
Before accessing resources you will need to obtain a few credentials from your provider (i.e. Twitter) and authorization from the user for whom you wish to retrieve resources for. You can read all about this in the full OAuth 1 workflow guide on RTD.
The OAuth 2 workflow
OAuth 2 is generally simpler than OAuth 1 but comes in more flavours. The most common being the Authorization Code Grant, also known as the WebApplication flow.
Fetching a protected resource after obtaining an access token can be as simple as:
>>> from requests_oauthlib import OAuth2Session >>> google = OAuth2Session(r'client_id', token=r'token') >>> url = 'https://www.googleapis.com/oauth2/v1/userinfo' >>> r = google.get(url)
Before accessing resources you will need to obtain a few credentials from your provider (i.e. Google) and authorization from the user for whom you wish to retrieve resources for. You can read all about this in the full OAuth 2 workflow guide on RTD.
To install requests and requests_oauthlib you can use pip:
$ pip install requests requests_oauthlib
v0.5.0 (4 May 2015)
- Fix TypeError being raised instead of TokenMissing error.
- Raise requests exceptions on 4XX and 5XX responses in the OAuth2 flow.
- Avoid AttributeError when initializing the OAuth2Session class without complete client information.
- New authorized property on OAuth1Session and OAuth2Session, which allows you to easily determine if the session is already authorized with OAuth tokens or not.
- New TokenMissing and VerifierMissing exception classes for OAuth1Session: this will make it easier to catch and identify these exceptions.
v0.4.1 (6 June 2014)
- New install target [rsa] for people using OAuth1 RSA-SHA1 signature method.
- Fixed bug in OAuth2 where supplied state param was not used in auth url.
- OAuth2 HTTPS checking can be disabled by setting environment variable OAUTHLIB_INSECURE_TRANSPORT.
- OAuth1 now re-authorize upon redirects.
- OAuth1 token fetching now raise a detailed error message when the response body is incorrectly encoded or the request was denied.
- Added support for custom OAuth1 clients.
- OAuth2 compliance fix for Sina Weibo.
- Multiple fixes to facebook compliance fix.
- Compliance fixes now re-encode body properly as bytes in Python 3.
- Logging now properly done under requests_oauthlib namespace instead of piggybacking on oauthlib namespace.
- Logging introduced for OAuth1 auth and session.
v0.4.0 (29 September 2013)
- OAuth1Session methods only return unicode strings. #55.
- Renamed requests_oauthlib.core to requests_oauthlib.oauth1_auth for consistency. #79.
- Added Facebook compliance fix and access_token_response hook to OAuth2Session. #63.
- Added LinkedIn compliance fix.
- Added refresh_token_response compliance hook, invoked before parsing the refresh token.
- Correctly limit compliance hooks to running only once!
- Content type guessing should only be done when no content type is given
- OAuth1 now updates r.headers instead of replacing it with non case insensitive dict
- Remove last use of Response.content (in OAuth1Session). #44.
- State param can now be supplied in OAuth2Session.authorize_url
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size requests_oauthlib-0.5.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl (19.6 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version 2.7||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size requests-oauthlib-0.5.0.tar.gz (54.0 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for requests_oauthlib-0.5.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl