Python REST kit
Restkit is a full HTTP client using pure socket calls and its own HTTP parser. It’s not based on httplib or urllib2.
- Full compatible HTTP client for HTTP 1.0 and 1.1
- Use pure socket calls and its own HTTP parser (It’s not based on httplib or urllib2)
- Map HTTP resources to Python objects
- Read and Send on the fly
- Reuses connections
- Eventlet and Gevent support
- Support Chunked transfer encoding in both ways.
- Support Basic Authentification and OAuth.
- Multipart forms and url-encoded forms
- Streaming support
- Proxy handling
- HTTP Filters, you can hook requests in responses with your own callback
- Compatible with Python 2.x (>= 2.6)
restkit requires Python 2.x superior to 2.6 (Python 3 support is coming soon)
To install restkit using pip you must make sure you have a recent version of distribute installed:
$ curl -O http://python-distribute.org/distribute_setup.py $ sudo python distribute_setup.py $ easy_install pip
To install from source, run the following command:
$ git clone https://github.com/benoitc/restkit.git $ cd gaffer $ pip install -r requirements.txt $ python setup.py install
$ pip install restkit
restkit is available under the MIT license.