No project description provided
You've probably seen a bunch of /r/AskReddit narration style videos by now. So I set out to start working on a program to automate the creation of them, for fun :) Its still a work in progress, but the current state of the project allows it to:
- Take screenshots of top level comments of a thread using selenium.
- Generate audio using the epic Daniel voice for each comment.
- Have looping background music.
- Progressively show each sentence as it is spoken for a comment.
- Composite all of the above into a cool video. Heres a sample.
Output high quality content
- Ability to curate your own comments/support for replies.
Please feel free to make a PR with improvements :)
$ pip3 install revvid $ pip3 install git+https://github.com/forjr/pyttsx3
- Go to reddit apps and create a "script" app
- Fill it up and
- Copy the Client ID and Client Secret and set your environment variables
- How to Mac, Windows
- If you are on Windows, download and install this file
- If you have a Python 64-bit on Windows, run
DanielWindows64bit.regto allow the voice file to work in a 64-bit environment after installing the previous file.
Note: Currently, the program does not work on Linux, nateshmbhat/pyttsx3#30). If it is possible to get Daniel's voice and TTS working, feel free to make a PR.
Usage: revvid [OPTIONS] This program generates reddit narration videos! If no post ID is provided then an interactive session which allows you to choose from hot posts from the spcecified subreddit is started. Options: -p, --postid TEXT The post ID to generate the video from -s, --subreddit TEXT The subreddit to display hot posts from. -o, --out PATH The file path to output the video to. -l, --limit INTEGER The amount of comments to process. --night-mode BOOLEAN Whether or not the screenshots are in night mode --title TEXT The text to prepend to the submission title. --outro TEXT The outro text to be spoken. --bg-music PATH Supply your own background music --transition PATH Supply your own tv static transition --help Show this message and exit.
$ revvid -p bxccip --title "r slash ask men..."
Results in this
$ revvid -p bniexw --limit 30
Results in this
GNU AGPL v3
Feel free to make contributions, they are always welcome!
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size revvid-1.2.0.tar.gz (2.0 MB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|