Simple Python package that can be used to do calculations with right-angled triangles
Simple Python package that can be used to do calculations with right-angled triangles.
Use pip to install right-triangle.
pip install right-triangle
The RightTriangle class
A RightTriangle instance is a representation of a right-angled triangle.
It has 6 attributes:
- side_a - first leg, the length of the side opposed to angle_a
- side_b - second leg, the length of the side opposed to angle_b
- side_c - the length of the hypotenuse of the triangle
- angle_a - first acute angle, the angle opposed to side_a, measured in degrees
- angle_b - second acute angle, the angle opposed to side_b, measured in degrees
- angle_c - the right angle, always 90 degrees
You can instantiate a RightTriangle with one of the following information:
- The lengths of any two sides of the triangle
- One angle (in degrees) and the length of one side of the triangle
You can use either a specialised factory method (.from_*) or the universal one (.make) to construct an instance.
During the instantiation the other attributes are calculated and become accessible.
>>> from right_triangle import RightTriangle >>> rt1 = RightTriangle.from_side_a_and_side_b(3, 4) >>> rt2 = RightTriangle.make(side_a=3, side_b=4) >>> rt1.side_c 5.0 >>> rt2.side_c 5.0
The module also provides some functions. You can use them to calculate some attributes of a right triangle without actually instantiating a RightTriangle object.
>>> import right_triangle >>> right_triangle.calculate_hypotenuse_from_legs(3, 4) 5.0 >>> right_triangle.calculate_acute_angles_from_legs(3, 4) (36.86989764584402, 53.13010235415598) >>> right_triangle.calculate_leg_from_other_leg_and_hypotenuse(3, 5) 4.0 >>> right_triangle.calculate_leg_from_hypotenuse_and_opposed_angle(5, 36.8699) 3.000000164351089 >>> right_triangle.calculate_leg_from_other_leg_and_adjacent_angle(4, 53.1301) 3.000000256798589
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size right_triangle-0.2.0-py3-none-any.whl (4.4 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size right-triangle-0.2.0.tar.gz (3.5 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for right_triangle-0.2.0-py3-none-any.whl