RobotPy bindings for CTRE third party libraries
This is a python wrapper around the CTRE 3rd party library.
NOTE: The RobotPy project is not associated with or endorsed by Cross The Road Electronics.
pip3 install robotpy-ctre
- NOTE: These are manual instructions, we’ll have support to install this via
- the RobotPy installer in a few days
You really don’t want to compile this yourself, so don’t download this from pypi and install it. Use the precompiled wheel that we’ve published instead.
- Download the latest robotpy-ctre whl from https://www.tortall.net/~robotpy/wheels/2017/
- Copy the whl to your RoboRIO using WinSCP/scp or equivalent
- ssh in to the RoboRIO and run pip3 install roborio-ctre*.whl
Currently, compilation is only supported on the RoboRIO or the RoboRIO VM. Use opkg to install g++ et al, install libstdc++-dev, and then run:
pip3 install pybind11 wheel pip3 wheel .
Be warned that it takes a very long time to compile, and that if you’re using a real RoboRIO that you will need a swap device installed.
RobotPy specific bits are available under the Apache 2.0 license. The CTRE binaries are available under their custom license which basically says “you may only use this software with our hardware”. See LICENSE for details.