a python refactoring IDE and library...
rope is a python refactoring IDE and library. The IDE uses the library to provide features like refactoring, code assist, and auto-completion. It is written in python. The IDE uses Tkinter library.
New features since 0.4:
- Moving methods
- Replace method with method object
- Renaming occurrences in strings and comments
- Stoppable refactorings
- Automatic SOI analysis
- Basic implicit interfaces
- Performing change signature in class hierarchies
- Change occurrences
- Saving history across sessions
- Saving object data to disk
- Enhanced static object inference
- Adding rename when unsure option
- Holding per name information for builtin containers
- Adding .ropeproject folder
- Supporting generator functions
- Handling with statements
IDE and UI:
- Generating python elements; C-c n ...
- Spell-checker; M-$ and C-x $ ...
- Saving locations and texts; C-x m ...
- Open Type; C-x C-t
- Showing current file history; C-x p 1 h
- Registering templates in ~/.rope
- Filling paragraphs in text modes; M-q
- Yanking; M-y
- Repeating last command; C-x z
- Showing annotations(codetag/error/warning list); C-c a ...
- Auto-completing function keyword arguments when calling
- Execute command; M-x
- Changing editor font and keybinding in ~/.rope
- Having two keybindings emacs/normal
- Removing extra spaces and lines; C-c C-f