a python refactoring library...
Rope is a python refactoring library.
- supporting builtin and c-extension modules
- added in_hierarchy option to find occurrences
- faster class hierarchy analysis for refactorings
- added maxfixes to get doc and get definition location
- deprecated codeassist templates
- added extension_modules project config
If a module cannot be found in python path, rope looks it up in extension_modules project config; if it exists there, rope imports it and analyzes its contents (rather than analyzing the source code which is done for normal modules).
in_hierarchy parameter (for matching all matching methods in class hierarchies) and implicit interfaces (activated on attributes of function parameters) have been added to codeassist.find_occurrences() (rename and change signature already support them). Also in_hierarchy option no longer requires scanning all files for making the class hierarchy, so it is much faster.
codeassist module used to support templates. But templates are much more related to IDEs and most IDEs support them separately; so functions and parameters related to them are deprecated now.