Capture and decode (Ethereum) JSON RPC traffic
# rpc-sniffer This tool captures network traffic and decode them if they contain (Ethereum) JSON RPC. This might be useful in the following scenarios:
- You want to know the exact RPC requests and responses sent to and from your Ethereum node.
- You want to debug and understand what web3 sends out.
- You want to capture the contents web3 sends out in order to use them in a different program.
The following assumes you already have Python virtualenv activated. If not you may need to add sudo in front of the setup.py command and the pip command.
- Via the setup.py script
` git clone https://github.com/alext234/rpc-sniffer cd rpc-sniffer python setup.py install `
- Or via pip
` pip install rpcsniffer `
# Usage TODO
- This tool does not support encrypted SSL traffic (e.g. when you interact with an infura.io node).
- This tool does not support RPC traffic that spans multiple packets (development is in progress for this feature).
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|rpcsniffer-0.1.1-py2.py3-none-any.whl (5.8 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||py2.py3|
|rpcsniffer-0.1.1.tar.gz (4.2 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None|