Convert reStructured Text to PDF via ReportLab.
rst2pdf: Use a text editor. Make a PDF.
The usual way of creating PDF from reStructuredText is by going through LaTeX. This tool provides an alternative by producing PDF directly using the ReportLab library.
More information is available at the main website
- User-defined page layout. Multiple frames per page, multiple layouts per document.
- Page transitions
- Cascading stylesheet mechanism, define only what you want changed.
- Supports TTF and Type1 font embedding.
- Any number of paragraph styles using the class directive.
- Any number of character styles using text roles.
- Custom page sizes and margins.
- Syntax highlighter for many languages, using Pygments.
- Supports embedding almost any kind of raster or vector images.
- Supports hyphenation and kerning (using wordaxe).
- Full user’s manual
Installation and use
Install from PyPI
The latest released version may be installed from PyPI by using pip or easy_install. It does not support Python 3:
sudo pip install rst2pdf
Install from github
Work on rst2pdf has restarted on github, with the goals of supporting Python 3, addressing outstanding issues, and not breaking anything. You can clone the repository and install this version:
git clone https://github.com/rst2pdf/rst2pdf my_clone_name cd my_clone_name git checkout <desired-branch> # if you want something other than master sudo python setup.py install
You may want to install it in a virtualenv, but that is beyond the scope of this readme.
To convert a restructuredText document to a PDF, simply:
rst2pdf <document name> output.pdf
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size rst2pdf-0.94.1-py2-none-any.whl (168.2 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py2||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
|Filename, size rst2pdf-0.94.1.tar.gz (112.6 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|