Racktables Server client for automation
According to new version 0.3.0 there are few breaking changes. Be aware when upgrading.
- Removed Python 2.7 support, Python 3.x only is supported
- Big redesign in SW installation. Use setup.py or pip to install
--initoption for initializing custom Attributes in racktables
- split code into few different classes
This is server discovery script for Racktables project. It discover system, import or update infromation into racktables database
Script support following infromation
- transfer comment field to server motd (message of the day)
- commend-edit utility for editing comments on racktables directly from server
- service tag
- supermicro exeption for service tag (my supermicro servers has all same ST and Expres ST. I don't know why)
- for Dell servers: get warranty and support information from Dell website based on server ST.
- Physical and logical interfaces (eth,bond,bridges,venet and veth)
- IPv4 and IPv6 IP addresses, import and update in database
- Dell iDrac IP address (require Dell-OMSA Installed)
- OS Dristribution and Release information
- HW vendor and product type
- Hypervisor recognition (Xen 4.x)
- Hypervisor recognition (OpenVZ)
- Virtual server recognition (Xen 4.x)
- Virtual server recognition (OpenVZ)
- Link Virtual server with hypervisor as container in Racktables
- Racktables logging - when change ip addresses or virtual link with hypervisor
- Interface Connection (LLDPD needed for this feature. System automaticly link server interfaces with switch ports in RackTables)
For some description, screenshots and examples visit https://www.cypherpunk.cz/automatic-server-audit-for-racktables-project/
- racktables-api (install with pip >=0.2.7)
- Python >= 3.5.x
- lsb-release package(detection of Linux distribution and release)
- smbios-utils (HW Vendor, Server model and Service-Tag)
- if you don't use smbios-utils, script generate random servicetag in /etc
- LLDPd (information about interface connection with switches and other devices)
- Dell OMSA (for information about iDRAC configuration)
Install it as normal python sw using pip or setup.py.
pip install rt-server-client
git clone https://github.com/rvojcik/rt-server-client cd ./rt-server-client sudo python ./setup.py install
Configuration file have to be located in
When you have your configuration file you have to run initialization of the project. It requires number of custom attributes in racktables database. Initialization process check if these attributes are available and map them to correct object types.
Just run system-info -d --init
Add to root crontab following line for run script every 30 minutes
*/30 * * * * cd /usr/local/bin/system-info
Normaly script ends without any output. If something go wrong it returns some output of the error.
This utility is released under GPL v2
RT-server-client utility for Racktables Datacenter management project. Copyright (C) 2012 Robert Vojcik (email@example.com)
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301, USA.
Server discovery client for RackTables project. Do automatic server discovery and send information to racktables database.
Used for automatic servers documentation.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size rt_server_client-3.0.0-py3-none-any.whl (18.8 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
|Filename, size rt-server-client-3.0.0.tar.gz (14.0 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
Hashes for rt_server_client-3.0.0-py3-none-any.whl