Extends features and shown data in Plone document byline section
Enhance the Plone adding an additional information on document view: the user who performed the last change and the change note. Optionally expands the document byline section showing those informations.
Table of contents
Plone already handle lot of infos in the document byline section, like the document author, the modification date and the publication date.
In the same way new data added by this add-on will be added to the byline section.
New infos apart, all byline elements can now be controlled with a granular security configuration. This will change the way to handle document byline because commonly Plone simply use a couple of site-wide options: the allow_anon_views_about and the displayPublicationDateInByline.
The viewlet will now handle many different informations: author, last modifier, publication date, modification date and last versioning change note. Each information is visible if the user has a specified permission:
- rt.lastmodifier: documentByLine view author
- rt.lastmodifier: documentByLine view last modifier
- rt.lastmodifier: documentByLine view modification date
- rt.lastmodifier: documentByLine view publication date
- rt.lastmodifier: documentByLine view change note
To show last modifier info, Creator and Modifier must be not equals (just for not show a duplicate link).
By default Anonymous users can’t see anything (this will reproduce the Plone default behavior, where Anonymous can’t see the byline section by default).
This feature will show the comment to changes you did, that commonly are kept in the history section so this only works for content type where versioning is activated.
The editor must explicitly choose if a change note must be putted in the byline section by selecting the “Show the changes note in document info” checkbox. This will store that change note to be shown in the content, that means that additional changes without checking the option will not update that information.
To delete the change note shown you must edit a document, provide an empty note while keeping the check selected.
Add rt.lastmodifier to your buildout:
[buildout] ... [instance] ... eggs= ... rt.lastmodifier
After that, install the “rt.lastmodifier” add-on product.
Installation will trigger an index creation and population. This can require some times on huge sites.
All Plone versions from 3.3 to 4.3.
Developed with the support of:
All of them supports the PloneGov initiative.
- Fixed italian translation typo [keul]
- Now save last modifier info in a low level annotation. This way we can have this information also when the content type do not use any versioning support (that is still the fallback) [keul]
- Do not, never, display any byline on site root. It’s totally useless [keul]
- When visiting folders, show last modifier and modification date taken by most recent child document, not from folder itself [keul]
- Fixed issue in calling @@manage-viewlets, and generally accessing site root [keul]
- Fixed typo in italian translation [keul]
- New feature for showing the last change note on versionable contents. User must explicitly mark the change has “showable” [keul]
- Fixed default roles: do not use Authenticated but Member [keul]
- Added new permissions to handle the view of single infos in the viewlet: author, last modifier, publication date and modified date [cekk]
- fixed bug: last modifier was never shown to anonymous users in Plone 4 (#1) [keul]
- Renamed the product from “collective.lastmodifier” to “rt.lastmodifier”. This is unbelievable and embarassing, but I didn’t find collective.lastmodifier when I looked for a Plone product with those features… and in the end I choosed the same name! However the original product is using a different approach.
- Added collection criteria (for new and old ones)
- Initial release