ruamel.yaml is a YAML parser/emitter that supports roundtrip preservation of comments, seq/map flow style, and map key order
ruamel.yaml is a YAML 1.2 loader/dumper package for Python.
Starting with version 0.15.0 the way YAML files are loaded and dumped is changing. See the API doc for details. Currently existing functionality will throw a warning before being changed/removed. For production systems you should pin the version being used with ``ruamel.yaml<=0.15``. There might be bug fixes in the 0.14 series, but new functionality is likely only to be available via the new API.
If your package uses ruamel.yaml and is not listed on PyPI, drop me an email, preferably with some infomormation on how you use the package (or a link to bitbucket/github) and I’ll keep you informed when the status of the API is stable enough to make the transition.
- 0.15.12 (2017-06-24):
- remove fatal dependency of setup.py on wheel package (reported by Cameron Sweeney)
- 0.15.11 (2017-06-24):
- fix for issue 130, regression in nested merge keys (reported by David Fee)
- 0.15.10 (2017-06-23):
- top level PreservedScalarString not indented if not explicitly asked to
- remove Makefile (not very useful anyway)
- some mypy additions
- 0.15.9 (2017-06-16):
- fix for issue 127: tagged scalars were always quoted and seperated by a newline when in a block sequence (reported and largely fixed by Tommy Wang)
- 0.15.8 (2017-06-15):
- allow plug-in install via install ruamel.yaml[jinja2]
- 0.15.7 (2017-06-14):
- add plug-in mechanism for load/dump pre resp. post-processing
- 0.15.6 (2017-06-10):
- a set() with duplicate elements now throws error in rt loading
- support for toplevel column zero literal/folded scalar in explicit documents
- 0.15.5 (2017-06-08):
- repeat load() on a single YAML() instance would fail.
- 0.15.4 (2017-06-08):
- transform parameter on dump that expects a function taking a string and returning a string. This allows transformation of the output before it is written to stream. This forces creation of the complete output in memory!
- some updates to the docs
- 0.15.3 (2017-06-07):
- No longer try to compile C extensions on Windows. Compilation can be forced by setting the environment variable RUAMEL_FORCE_EXT_BUILD to some value before starting the pip install.
- 0.15.2 (2017-06-07):
- update to conform to mypy 0.511: mypy –strict
- 0.15.1 (2017-06-07):
- duplicate keys in mappings generate an error (in the old API this change generates a warning until 0.16)
- dependecy on ruamel.ordereddict for 2.7 now via extras_require
- 0.15.0 (2017-06-04):
- it is now allowed to pass in a pathlib.Path as “stream” parameter to all load/dump functions
- passing in a non-supported object (e.g. a string) as “stream” will result in a much more meaningful YAMLStreamError.
- assigning a normal string value to an existing CommentedMap key or CommentedSeq element will result in a value cast to the previous value’s type if possible.
- added YAML class for new API
- 0.14.12 (2017-05-14):
- fix for issue 119, deepcopy not returning subclasses (reported and PR by Constantine Evans <email@example.com>)
- 0.14.11 (2017-05-01):
- fix for issue 103 allowing implicit documents after document end marker line (...) in YAML 1.2
- 0.14.10 (2017-04-26):
- fix problem with emitting using cyaml
- 0.14.9 (2017-04-22):
- remove dependency on typing while still supporting mypy (http://stackoverflow.com/a/43516781/1307905)
- fix unclarity in doc that stated 2.6 is supported (reported by feetdust)
- 0.14.8 (2017-04-19):
- fix Text not available on 3.5.0 and 3.5.1, now proactively setting version guards on all files (reported by João Paulo Magalhães)
- 0.14.7 (2017-04-18):
- round trip of integers (decimal, octal, hex, binary) now preserve leading zero(s) padding and underscores. Underscores are presumed to be at regular distances (i.e. 0o12_345_67 dumps back as 0o1_23_45_67 as the space from the last digit to the underscore before that is the determining factor).
- 0.14.6 (2017-04-14):
- binary, octal and hex integers are now preserved by default. This was a known deficiency. Working on this was prompted by the issue report (112) from devnoname120, as well as the additional experience with .replace() on scalarstring classes.
- fix issues 114: cannot install on Buildozer (reported by mixmastamyk). Setting env. var RUAMEL_NO_PIP_INSTALL_CHECK will suppress pip-check.
- 0.14.5 (2017-04-04):
- fix issue 109: None not dumping correctly at top level (reported by Andrea Censi)
- fix issue 110: .replace on Preserved/DoubleQuoted/SingleQuoted ScalarString would give back “normal” string (reported by sandres23)
- 0.14.4 (2017-03-31):
- fix readme
- 0.14.3 (2017-03-31):
- 0.14.2 (2017-03-23):
- fix for old default pip on Ubuntu 14.04 (reported by Sébastien Maccagnoni-Munch)
- 0.14.1 (2017-03-22):
- fix Text not available on 3.5.0 and 3.5.1 (reported by Charles Bouchard-Légaré)
- 0.14.0 (2017-03-21):
- updates for mypy –strict
- preparation for moving away from inheritance in Loader and Dumper, calls from e.g. the Representer to the Serializer.serialize() are now done via the attribute .serializer.serialize(). Usage of .serialize() outside of Serializer will be deprecated soon
- some extra tests on main.py functions
For older changes see the file CHANGES
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
Hashes for ruamel.yaml-0.15.12-cp36-cp36m-manylinux1_x86_64.whl
Hashes for ruamel.yaml-0.15.12-cp35-cp35m-manylinux1_x86_64.whl
Hashes for ruamel.yaml-0.15.12-cp34-cp34m-manylinux1_x86_64.whl
Hashes for ruamel.yaml-0.15.12-cp33-cp33m-manylinux1_x86_64.whl
Hashes for ruamel.yaml-0.15.12-cp27-cp27mu-manylinux1_x86_64.whl
Hashes for ruamel.yaml-0.15.12-cp27-cp27m-manylinux1_x86_64.whl