Backs up a file or directory to S3
CLI for backing up to S3
- Install AWS CLI and add your credentials
- Run “pip install -e .” in the programs parent directory
- Run script from a directory to backup OR point to directory.
- First variable is the target object and second variable is the destination bucket.
- If the json config default bucket is set then you can skip the second variable to use the default.
- To use a wildcard you must place it in quotations ‘*’.
- To use recursive wildcards you must use ‘**’ see glob module.
Example to upload current working directory:
s3simplebackup . testbucket
Example to upload a home Directory:
s3simplebackup ~ testbucket
Example to upload a folder:
s3simplebackup folder testbucket
Example to upload all python scripts in Directory with default bucket:
Example to upload all python scripts recursively in directory with default bucket:
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size s3simplebackup-1.2.0.tar.gz (2.2 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|