SALTSTACK TTP Modules
Repository to store TTP based SALTSTACK modules:
- salt-ttp execution module
- salt-ttp runner module
TTP modules pull request
TTP is a library for parsing semi structured text using templates.
TTP execution and runner modules allow to run commands against minions to obtain text output, parse it using TTP templates and return structured data.
Sample use cases that TTP can help to address:
- reporting across several minions by parsing text output and returning text tables
- transforming text data in structured format for storing in mine
- time series data can be produced using TTP templates and pushed to databases using returners
- compliance testing by parsing text into structured data with further processing and analysis to detect deviations
- Given that text data can be transformed into structured data of arbitrary hierarchy, this modules can significantly expand functionality in the area of minions state analysis and processing.
To use TTP execution module make sure to install salt-ttp on minion, to use TTP runner module make sure to install salt-ttp on master.
From PyPi distribution:
pip install salt-ttp
From GitHub repository:
python -m pip install git+https://github.com/dmulyalin/salt-ttp
To use templates from TTP templates collection, need to install them as well:
pip install ttp_templates
How to use
Run commands to explore doc strings for further usage:
salt minion-id sys.doc ttp
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size salt-ttp-0.1.0.tar.gz (9.4 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|