SAS Computer Vision Interface
CVPy - SAS Viya Computer Vision API for Python
This high-level Python library assists with the image and biomedimage action sets by providing helpful visualization APIs. These APIs allow users to easily be able to move images out of CAS and into common open source tools such as Mayavi and Matplotlib. This streamlines the visualization of image data fetched from a CAS table and allows for further image analysis.
- Python version 3 or greater is required
- Install SAS Scripting Wrapper for Analytics Transfer (SWAT) for Python using pip install swat or conda install -c sas-institute swat
- Access to a SAS Viya 3.5 environment with Visual Data Mining and Machine Learning (VDMML) is required
- A user login to your SAS Viya back-end is required. See your system administrator for details if you do not have a SAS Viya account.
- Install Mayavi for scientific data visualization in Python
Mayavi is a heavy, complex package that is required by CVPy. If you do not already have Mayavi installed, follow the steps below to install it.
Install VTK, a critical dependency for Mayavi.
pip install VTK‑8.1.2‑cp37‑cp37m‑win_amd64.whl
Note that a specific version of is VTK used. You can download the wheel file from here.
Install traits, another critical dependency for Mayavi.
pip install traits‑5.1.2‑cp37‑cp37m‑win_amd64.whl
Note that a specific version of traits is used. You can download the wheel file from here.
pip install mayavi
You may see an error message about numpy, like “Numpy is required to build Mayavi correctly, please install it first.” Ignore that message.
Install PyQt, a GUI toolkit needed to run Mayavi
pip install PyQt5
To install CVPy, use the following command:
pip install git+https://github.com/sassoftware/python-cvpy.git
We welcome your contributions! Please read CONTRIBUTING.md for details on how to submit contributions to this project.
This project is licensed under the Apache 2.0 License.
- Biomedimage action set https://go.documentation.sas.com/?cdcId=pgmsascdc&cdcVersion=9.4_3.5&docsetId=casactml&docsetTarget=casactml_biomedimage_toc.htm&locale=en
- Image action set https://go.documentation.sas.com/?cdcId=pgmsascdc&cdcVersion=9.4_3.5&docsetId=casactml&docsetTarget=casactml_image_toc.htm&locale=en
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size sas_cvpy-1.0.0-py3-none-any.whl (11.1 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size sas-cvpy-1.0.0.tar.gz (5.7 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|