sc.social.like is a Plone package providing simple Google+, Twitter and Facebook integration for Plone Content Types
Table of Contents
Social: Like Actions is a Plone package (add-on) providing simple Google+, Twitter and Facebook integration for Plone Content Types.
This package installs a viewlet with actions to +1, Tweet and Like (or Recommend) a content.
Go to the ‘Site Setup’ page in the Plone interface and click on the ‘Add/Remove Products’ link.
Choose the product Social: Like Actions (check checkbox at its left side) and click the ‘Activate’ button.
Go to the ‘Site Setup’ page in the Plone interface and click on the ‘Social Like’ link – under Add-on Configuration.
There you can configure how Social: Like Actions will behave, which actions will be displayed and for which content types.
To enable this product in a buildout-based installation:
Edit your buildout.cfg and add sc.social.like to the list of eggs to install:
[buildout] ... eggs = sc.social.like
After updating the configuration you need to run ‘’bin/buildout’‘, which will take care of updating your system.
Go to the ‘Site Setup’ page in a Plone site and click on the ‘Add-ons’ link.
Check the box next to sc.social.like and click the ‘Activate’ button.
Note: You may have to empty your browser cache and save your resource registries in order to see the effects of the product installation.
- Tested Plone 4.3 compatibility. [hvelarde]
- Updated package documentation. [hvelarde]
- Tested Plone 4.2 compatibility. [hvelarde]
- Added basic installation tests. [hvelarde]
- FB support for simple language codes [erral]
- Add basque translation [erral]
- We carry the plusone button after the document load [cleberjsantos]
- Correcting language for the buttons [cleberjsantos]
- Added CSS uninstall profile [cleberjsantos]
- Fix FB iframe url [erral]
- Compressed icon ico-sociallike.png with pngout 70% of original [Michael Krishtopa]
- Fix loading buttons for diazo themes [cleberjsantos]
- Fixed Plone 4.1 compatibility [hvelarde]
- Added testing framework and basic tests [hvelarde]
- Added Spanish translation [hvelarde]
- Fixed “Deadlock when viewing an object on which the user has not the View permission” issue with patch provided by glenfant [hvelarde]
- i18n support for Facebook button. Now we check which languages the user accepts then provide the right link [erico_andrei]
- Add conditions to show each provider [erico_andrei]
- Refactor viewlet code [erico_andrei]
- Enable controlpanel tabbing [erico_andrei]
- Support for plusone google button [cleberjsantos]
- jQuery Loading the buttons [cleberjsantos]
- Support for Twitter and Facebook [cleberjsantos]
- Initial release [cleberjsantos]