Social Like is a Plone package providing simple Google+, Twitter and Facebook integration for Plone Content Types
Table of Contents
- Life, the Universe, and Everything
- Don’t Panic
- Mostly Harmless
- Share and Enjoy
Social: Like Actions is a Plone package (add-on) providing simple social networks integration for Plone Content Types.
This package ships with plugins for the following networks:
To enable this product in a buildout-based installation:
Edit your buildout.cfg and add sc.social.like to the list of eggs to install:
[buildout] ... eggs = sc.social.like
After updating the configuration you need to run ‘’bin/buildout’‘, which will take care of updating your system.
Go to the ‘Site Setup’ page in a Plone site and click on the ‘Add-ons’ link.
Check the box next to Social: Like Actions and click the ‘Activate’ button.
You may have to empty your browser cache and save your resource registries in order to see the effects of the product installation.
Go to the ‘Site Setup’ page in the Plone interface and click on the ‘Social Like’ link – under Add-on Configuration.
There you can configure how Social: Like Actions will behave, which actions will be displayed and for which content types.
- Facebook now recommends 1200 x 630 images [ericof]
- Use View permission on viewlets to avoid security failures into viewlet if anonymous try to display non public parts of site. [thomasdesvenain]
- Fix package dependencies. [hvelarde]
- Use content language instead of request language, avoiding cache problems https://github.com/collective/sc.social.like/issues/19 [ericof]
- Drop support for Plone 4.0.x [ericof]
- Increasing test coverage [ericof]
- Render metadata viewlet on folder_full_view and all_content templates https://github.com/collective/sc.social.like/issues/11 [ericof]
- Fixes vertical display https://github.com/collective/sc.social.like/issues/5 [ericof]
- Add LinkedIn and Pinterest support. https://github.com/collective/sc.social.like/issues/6 [ericof]
- Plugin implementation [ericof]
- Ensure all resources are loaded using scheme-relative URLs. Previously, attempting to load off HTTP on HTTPS sites resulted in broken pages. [davidjb]
- Plone 3.x is not officially supported anymore; use it at your own risk. [hvelarde]
- Change CSS import to link. [agnogueira]
- Fix packaging [ericof]
- Tested Plone 4.3 compatibility. [hvelarde]
- Updated package documentation. [hvelarde]
- Tested Plone 4.2 compatibility. [hvelarde]
- Added basic installation tests. [hvelarde]
- FB support for simple language codes [erral]
- Add basque translation [erral]
- We carry the plusone button after the document load [cleberjsantos]
- Correcting language for the buttons [cleberjsantos]
- Added CSS uninstall profile [cleberjsantos]
- Fix FB iframe url [erral]
- Compressed icon ico-sociallike.png with pngout 70% of original [Michael Krishtopa]
- Fix loading buttons for diazo themes [cleberjsantos]
- Fixed Plone 4.1 compatibility [hvelarde]
- Added testing framework and basic tests [hvelarde]
- Added Spanish translation [hvelarde]
- Fixed “Deadlock when viewing an object on which the user has not the View permission” issue with patch provided by glenfant [hvelarde]
- i18n support for Facebook button. Now we check which languages the user accepts then provide the right link [erico_andrei]
- Add conditions to show each provider [erico_andrei]
- Refactor viewlet code [erico_andrei]
- Enable controlpanel tabbing [erico_andrei]
- Support for plusone google button [cleberjsantos]
- jQuery Loading the buttons [cleberjsantos]
- Support for Twitter and Facebook [cleberjsantos]
- Initial release [cleberjsantos]