Social Like is a Plone package providing simple Google+, Twitter and Facebook integration for Plone Content Types
Table of Contents
- Life, the Universe, and Everything
- Mostly Harmless
- Don’t Panic
- Share and Enjoy
- 2.6b1 (2016-12-21)
- 2.6a1 (2016-09-23)
- 2.5 (2016-07-26)
- 2.4.1 (2015-12-10)
- 2.4 (2015-09-17)
- 2.3 (2015-07-14)
- 2.2 (2015-05-04)
- 2.1 (2015-03-02)
- 2.0.2 (2015-02-23)
- 2.0.1 (2015-02-23)
- 2.0 (2015-02-10)
- 2.0rc1 (2014-10-14)
- 2.0b4 (2014-08-08)
- 2.0b3 (2014-06-06)
- 2.0b2 (2014-06-02)
- 2.0b1 (2014-02-07)
- 2.0a2 (2013-11-04)
- 2.0a1 (2013-07-23)
This package provides integration for the following social networks in Plone:
- WhatsApp (mobile only)
To enable this product in a buildout-based installation:
Edit your buildout.cfg and add sc.social.like to the list of eggs to install:
[buildout] ... eggs = sc.social.like
After updating the configuration you need to run ‘’bin/buildout’‘, which will take care of updating your system.
Go to the ‘Site Setup’ page in a Plone site and click on the ‘Add-ons’ link.
Check the box next to Social: Like Actions and click the ‘Activate’ button.
Go to the ‘Site Setup’ page in the Plone interface and click on the ‘Social Like’ link – under Add-on Configuration.
There you can configure how Social: Like Actions will behave, which actions will be displayed and for which content types.
If collective.cover is installed, two new tiles will be available: Facebook and Twitter.
The Facebook tile embeds a Facebook Page. You can set the width and height, and you can control some other aspects of the widget. A Facebook application ID must be defined in the Social Like configlet in order to use this tile.
The Twitter tile embeds a Twitter timeline. Timelines are an easy way to embed multiple tweets on your website in a compact, single-column view. You can set the width, height and tweet limit, and you can use a widget ID. A Twitter username must be defined in the Social Like configlet in order to use this tile.
The Twitter and Facebook tiles.
- [ ] Facebook: return a comma-separated string of tabs to render
- [ ] Twitter: allow to remove a display component of a timeline (chrome)
- [ ] Twitter: refresh the tile after editing it
- [ ] RobotFramework tests for both tiles
There’s a frood who really knows where his towel is.
- Code clean up; tests related with loading BMP images were removed as make no sense. [hvelarde]
- Do not show social like viewlet for unpublished content (closes #83). [rodfersou]
- Fix package dependencies. [maurits, hvelarde]
- Add Facebook and Twitter tiles for collective.cover. The Facebook tile embeds a Facebook Page. The Twitter tile embeds a Twitter timeline. [hvelarde]
- Add title attributes to Telegram and WhatsApp share links. [hvelarde]
- Enforce constraints on enabled_portal_types field to avoid WrongType error while running upgrade step to v3040. [hvelarde]
- Do not fail on adding Facebook’s ‘Like’ button while running upgrade step to v3010. [fredvd, hvelarde]
- Update package classifiers; Plone 5 was included by mistake in the list of supported versions. [hvelarde]
- Drop explicit support for Plone 4.1 and Python 2.6; package should work, but we are not testing anymore with those versions so compatibility is not guaranteed. [hvelarde]
- Fix caching issues with WhatsApp button by moving mobile detection client-side (closes #56). [rodfersou]
- Add Dutch translations. [fredvd]
- Fix uninstall error. [bsuttor]
- Added the “Do not track users” configuration option, to prevent social networks from sending cookies to site’s visitors. This will replace social badges with simple links. [keul]
- Added German translations. [tohafi]
- Translations to Brazilian Portuguese and Spanish were updated. [hvelarde]
- Removed deprecated portal_actionicons registration [keul]
- Translation fixes: some label were not translated [keul]
- Facebook “Share” button now provided. See #15. [keul]
- Added missing migration step for refreshing CSS registry [keul]
- Removed old Facebook specific CSS rule that truncate the new Facebook widget. This close #38. [keul]
- Nothing changed (brown bag release).
- Do not load social media stuff on non-canonical views (like edit form or similar). This close #36. [keul]
- Added italian translation. [keul]
- Load behavior of all social plugins changed to be async. [keul]
- Fixed a problem with images loaded in news. If the image isn’t a JPG, the get_content_image method can’t get image size and returns nothing. This avoid some strange things, like MemoryError with Pillow. [cekk]
- If a field named “image” isn’t an ImageField, do not break the viewlet. [cekk]
- Add exception handling also for TypeError in get_content_image method. [cekk]
- Fixed metadata og:type, used value ‘article’ for internal page. [fdelia]
- Use safe_unicode to deal with accented chars in content Title. [ericof]
- Fixed styling for action buttons. Now they are displayed side by side [agnogueira]
- Fix an UnicodeDecodeError in the Twitter plugin (Reported by Programa Interlegis) [ericof]
- Fix a division by zero issue happening with AT Images during creation (while on portal_factory) [ericof]
- Facebook now recommends 1200 x 630 images [ericof]
- Use View permission on viewlets to avoid security failures into viewlet if anonymous try to display non public parts of site. [thomasdesvenain]
- Fix package dependencies. [hvelarde]
- Use content language instead of request language, avoiding cache problems https://github.com/collective/sc.social.like/issues/19 [ericof]
- Drop support for Plone 4.0.x [ericof]
- Increasing test coverage [ericof]
- Render metadata viewlet on folder_full_view and all_content templates https://github.com/collective/sc.social.like/issues/11 [ericof]
- Fixes vertical display https://github.com/collective/sc.social.like/issues/5 [ericof]
- Add LinkedIn and Pinterest support. https://github.com/collective/sc.social.like/issues/6 [ericof]
- Plugin implementation [ericof]
- Ensure all resources are loaded using scheme-relative URLs. Previously, attempting to load off HTTP on HTTPS sites resulted in broken pages. [davidjb]
- Plone 3.x is not officially supported anymore; use it at your own risk. [hvelarde]
- Change CSS import to link. [agnogueira]
Previous entries can be found in the HISTORY.rst file.
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|sc.social.like-2.6b1-py2-none-any.whl (345.4 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||py2||Dec 21, 2016|
|sc.social.like-2.6b1.tar.gz (426.7 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None||Dec 21, 2016|