A Python wrapper for Schoology's API.
Python wrapper for Schoology’s API.
You may easily install schoolopy from PyPI with pip3 install schoolopy.
More in-depth examples of both two- and three-legged authentication in action can be found in example-twolegged.py and example-threelegged.py. You will need to write your key and secret into example_config.yml.example and rename that file to example_config.yml.
This library contains a large number of functions for interaction with the API, and listing them all would be impractical.
For a comprehensive list of what endpoints are available, consult the REST API v1 documentation.
Most objects’ functions follow a similar pattern to the following example.
[realm] represents the name of any realm type; in this case you can use district, school, user, section, or group. Valid realms may vary for different objects.
event represents an Event object.
- sc.create_event(event, [realm]_id=)
- sc.create_[realm]_event(event, [realm]_id)
- sc.get_event(event_id, [realm]_id=)
- sc.update_event(event, event_id, [realm]_id=)
- sc.update_[realm]_event(event, event_id, [realm]_id)
- sc.delete_event(event_id, [realm]_id=)
- sc.delete_[realm]_event(event_id, [realm]_id)
Note: Some methods, such as `get_courses`, are currently broken because Schoology’s API has stopped providing data on the relevant endpoints.
This software is available under the MIT License.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.