Python wrappers for SciDB
SciDB-py is a full-featuered Python interface to SciDB. Its goal is to allow users to utilize the power of SciDB from Python, using a familiar and intuitive numpy-like syntax. For more information, see the SciDB Documentation.
- Authors: Jake VanderPlas <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Chris Beaumont <email@example.com>
- License: Simplified BSD
- Documentation: http://scidb-py.readthedocs.org/en/latest/
SciDB-Py has several Python package dependencies:
- tested with version 1.7.
- tested with version 1.2. (Note: known failures exist when used with requests version < 1.0) Required for using the Shim interface to SciDB.
- Pandas (optional)
- tested with version 0.10. Required only for importing/exporting SciDB arrays as Pandas Dataframe objects.
- SciPy (optional)
- tested with versions 0.10-0.12. Required only for importing/exporting SciDB arrays as SciPy sparse matrices.
- Required for some tests
For full installation information, please see the Documentation.
To install the latest stable release via the Python Package Index, use ` pip install --upgrade scidb-py `
To download the source code for the 14.8 release, change ‘branch:master’ to ‘tag:v14.8.1’ and then click ‘download’, or directly download from https://github.com/Paradigm4/SciDB-py/archive/v14.8.1.zip
To install from source after downloading, type ` python setup.py install `
Depending on how your Python installation is set up, you may need root privileges for this.
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size scidb-py-14.10.0.tar.gz (351.8 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|