A package for visualisation of serial data in a grid.
For simple visualisation of serial input (e.g. from an Arduino or similar device).
Author: ES Alexander
Release Date: 07/Dec/2019
You need to know:
Allows the reading of serial input to a computer, and display of it in a grid as an image.
Each set of serial values should be separated by a newline character ('\n'), and values within a set should be tab-separated ('\t').
- download and install Python 3 if not already installed (select add to PATH)
- windows users: open command prompt (e.g. press windows key, type cmd, press enter), Mac users: open terminal
pip install --upgrade serial-visualisation(only have to do this once at the start of your session, and probably only once per computer) - this step may cause issues if python and/or pip are not in your PATH. Google 'add pip to path' for a solution. Users with multiple Python installs may need to use
- make sure your Arduino software on the computer isn't using the serial port (only one program can access it at once, so program the Arduino normally, and then just don't open the serial plotter or monitor, and run this instead)
- run using
python -m serial_grid.serial_grid(or
python3with multiple Python installs)
- answer the questions, and optionally save your settings
- wait for it to start displaying (takes a few seconds it seems)
- click the Data window and press 'q' or 'Q' or Escape to quit, or press 'p' (play/pause), 'c' (continue), or 's' (start/stop) to pause and/or resume the display (they're all the same, just pick your preferred key).
I hope this works well for your project! If there are any problems, or suggestions for improvement, please submit an Issue on the github page (https://github.com/ES-Alexander/serial-visualisation/issues).
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size serial_visualisation-1.1.0-py3-none-any.whl (7.3 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
|Filename, size serial-visualisation-1.1.0.tar.gz (5.9 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
Hashes for serial_visualisation-1.1.0-py3-none-any.whl
Hashes for serial-visualisation-1.1.0.tar.gz