mplayer.py: Lightweight and dynamic MPlayer wrapper with a Pythonic API
mplayer.py provides several classes for easily using MPlayer in Python.
- Pythonic interfaces to MPlayer
- Full support for MPlayer commands and properties (generated at runtime)
- asyncore, PyGTK, and PyQt integration
- MS Windows support
- Python 3 compatibility
- MPlayer >= 1.0rc3 http://www.mplayerhq.hu/
- Python >= 2.6 http://www.python.org/
- PyGTK >= 2.12 http://www.pygtk.org/
- PyQt >= 4.5 http://www.riverbankcomputing.co.uk/
To install (having made sure that the dependencies are installed and
working) do (as root normally):
python setup.py install
(You can optionally provide a prefix using the following form,
but if you do remember to setup PYTHONPATH accordingly)
python setup.py install [--prefix=<prefix>]
Consult the wiki pages at http://code.google.com/p/python-mplayer/
* Copyright and Licensing
The mplayer.py package and submodules (mplayer/*.py) are released under
the terms of LGPL 3. See LICENSE for the full license.
mplayer.py is Copyright (C) 2007-2011 Darwin M. Bautista.
The LGPL is Copyright (C) Free Software Foundation.
* Contact Info
Project Page: http://code.google.com/p/python-mplayer/
URL and download: http://pypi.python.org/pypi/mplayer.py/
Author and Maintainer: Darwin M. Bautista <email@example.com>
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.