Rutgers University URL Shortener
A URL shortener for Rutgers University. For more information, contact Rutgers Open System Solutions.
Uses MongoDB. Python code targets Python 3.6.
First set up a virtual environment and install the python dependencies with:
$ virtualenv --no-site-packages --python="python3" venv $ source venv/bin/activate $ pip install -r pip.req $ pip install -r pip.req.dev
Then build the HTML documentation with
$ ./setup.py build_sphinx
This will place the Shrunk developer manual in
./build/sphinx/html. Open the file
index.html in that directory and start reading the tutorials linked therein!
- Log in with a Rutgers NetID
- Create a short URL from a long URL
- Given a NetID, what URLs have they created?
- Analytics on visits. With graphs and maps!
- Create organizations to share links with your friends!
URL Shortening Service
- Given a short URL, redirect to the long URL
- Track visits to the short URL
- Track popularity and number of clicks
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size shrunk-1.3.3-py3-none-any.whl (633.9 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View|