Simple static gallery generator
Sigal is yet another simple static gallery generator. It’s written in Python and it allows to build a static gallery of images with the following features:
- Process directories recursively.
- Generate HTML pages using jinja2 templates.
- Relative links for a portable output.
- Support themes, videos, EXIF tags, zip download.
- MIT licensed.
Sigal is currently compatible only with Python 2.
Themes & Demo
Released on 2013-09-06.
- Add support for videos. Videos are encoded to webm (see the webm_options setting).
- Check jinja2’s version for lstrip_blocks (only for Jinja 2.7+).
- Add option to zip galleries. See the zip_gallery setting.
- Add support for EXIF tags and GPS coordinates. EXIF tags are added to the media context (for themes). The copy_exif_data setting allow to choose if the exif data from the original image is copied to the resized image.
- Correct themes design with long directory names.
- Add the possibility to adjust images after resizing (with the Adjust processor from Pilkit). See the adjust_options setting.
- Add the possibility to disable image resizing.
Released on 2013-07-19.
- Fix a bug with unicode paths and filenames.
- Update colorbox to 1.4.26
- Add links to the original images.
Released on 2013-06-12.
- Add a setting to disable the writing of HTML files.
- Use Pilkit.
- Remove multiprocessing.
- Add new settings for the source and destination directories.
- All meta-data are available in the templates.
- Galleria theme is now responsive
- Add a setting to choose the pilkit processor used to resize the images.
Released on 2013-03-20.
- Catch exception when PIL fails to read the exif metadata.
Released on 2013-03-14.
- Bugfix for PNG files which don’t have exif metadata.
- Move unit tests to py.test.
- Fix images path in colorbox theme.
- Group package meta in a module.
Released on 2013-03-11.
- Fix the path of the sample config file (which was not included in the previous release).
Released on 2013-03-04.
- Fix packaging issues.
- New setting index_in_url to optionally add index.html to the URLs.
- New setting links to specify a list of links.
- Use EXIF info to fix orientation.
- Replace the jpg_quality setting with a dict of options.
- Manage directories with only sub-directories and add some checks.
- Change the command-line interface to use sub-commands: init, build and serve.
- Parallel processing.
Released on 2012-12-20.
- Improve the bundled themes (update galleria, new colorbox theme).
- Improve the CLI (new arguments, nicer output).
- Change the licence to MIT.
- Change the description file to a markdown syntax file.
- Change the settings file to a python file, and add more settings.
Released on 2012-05-13.
First public release.
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|sigal-0.5.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl (204.0 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||2.7|
|sigal-0.5.0.tar.gz (205.5 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None|