Caching sub-system for Silva CMS
This package provide a pluggable cache support for Silva related components, base on Beaker. By default content will be cached in memory, but you can use a different storage like files, memcache or an SQL database to store cached content.
For a single instance installation we recommand to use memory as storage. For a ZEO / multi Zope instance installation we recommand to use memcache as storage.
To use memcache recommend to install pylibmc, this can be done via buildout. Please refer to the installation documentation of Silva for this.
After you can configure in your Zope configuration (zope.conf) which storage to use for which regions:
<product-config silva.core.cache> # default region default.lock_dir /tmp/memcache default.type ext:memcached default.url localhost:11211 # shared region shared.lock_dir /tmp/memcache shared.type ext:memcached shared.url someotherhost:11211 </product-config>
Developers have different tools at their disposal, mainly:
- Decorator that can be used on a class method to cache its computation. It can take a region which specify which caching region to use, a key which is a callable, taking as parameter the class on which the method is called to compute a caching key. If region is not specified, all other parameters are Beaker options used to configured the cache manager used.
- Decorator that can be used on a class to create a read-only property where its computation is cached in Beaker. Except for key it takes the same parameters than cached_method.
- Giving a cache name, it give a dictionnary like access to this cache.
- Constructed out of a request, it is a dictionnary like access to a unique cache for this user session. The session is identified with the help of the adapter IClientId of zope.session. An implementation of this adapter for Zope 2 is done in this package.
- A global utility provides this interface to give you access to all cache managers used by this extension.
- Store a list of items in memcache.
The code for this extension can be found in Git at: https://github.com/silvacms/silva.core.cache
- Session cookie now uses IVirtualSite new top level path method instead of root path, ensuring the cookie is set for the whole site.
- Session cookie use the HTTPOnly flag now.
- Update API to match Silva 3.0c1.
- Add a memcache slice to store a list of items in memcache. There is a fallback available if you don’t have memcache.
- Improve cache descriptors.
- Ensure caching keys are always string. This is required by memcache implementations.
- Fix cookie path for cookie session in case of virtual host hosting.
- Initial release.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size silva.core.cache-3.0.2.tar.gz (11.6 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|