Python library for the simplenote.com API
simplenote.py is a python library for the simplenote.com web service.
Install via pip:
pip install simplenote
Or if you must:
simplenote.py can be imported into any python module:
import simplenote sn = simplenote.Simplenote(user, password)
The object then provides the following API methods:
sn.get_note_list(data=True, since=cursor, tags=) # Supports optional `tags` parameter that takes a list of tags # to return only notes that contain at least one of these tags. # Also supports a `since` parameter, but as per the Simperium # API this is no longer a date, rather a cursor. # Lastly, also supports a `data` parameter (defaults to True) # to only return keys/ids and versions sn.get_note(note_id) # note id is value of key `key` in note dict as returned # by get_note_list. Supports optional version integer as # argument to return previous versions sn.add_note(note) # A ``note`` object is a dictionary with at least a # ``content`` property, containing the note text. sn.update_note(note) # The ``update_note`` method needs a note object which # also has a ``key`` property. sn.trash_note(note_id) simplenote.delete_note(note_id)
- Handle BadStatusLine errors
- Fix issue where update_note was actually modifying the external note object passed to it rather than creating a copy and returning that.
- Fix error in version number
- Handle invalid/expired tokens
- Fixed KeyError in get_note_list() when offline
- Fix order of note, status for trash_note
- Adds since paramter back in (as Simperium cursor, not date)
- No end facing change in functionality - just removes a superfluous default modificationDate
- Actually remove the since support like I thought I had. I could have re-implemented since in as per tags so it filters after pulling everything else, but since (ha!) I used “since” for a faster note loading there seems little point.
- Documentation updatess only
- Update to the Simperium API: https://simperium.com/docs/http/
- Breaking changes: * The since parameter has been removed. Simperium supports the since parameter, but as a cursor, not a date. * The syncnum key no longer exists (this is an upstream change) * Things seem to be UTF-8 by default
- This should largely be a drop in replacement though: E.g. Simperium uses id instead of key, but simplenote.py handles that for you.
- Sort tags in get_note and update_note
- Unescape html entites due to api change
- Bug fix for an error introduce as a result of code review improvements.
- Code review improvements only. No change to functionality.
- I ended up pointing tag v1.0.0 at a re-written commit so need to retag. No changes beyond that.
- I think this is stable and proven enough to be version 1 by now. Can then roll into Simplenote.vim v1.
- Python 2 and 3 compatibility
- Fix version number of deploy, now deploying is working
- Testing deploying to PyPi with a change in credentials
- Testing deploying to PyPi again, changes to .travis.yml
- Testing deploying to PyPi again, this time will use an annotate tag
- Test related changes again (using single instance)
- Also testing deploying to PyPi via Travis
- Minor change to a test, setting it as expected failure.
- update_note uses utf-8 encoding on returned note content
- Minor change to Travis CI PyPi deply details
- Change optional argument for get_note_list() to be “since date” instead of quanity
- Various tweaks to tests and CI in attempt to make more robust
- get_note_list() now supports optional tag argument
- get_note() now supports optional version argument
- Add optional argument for quantity to get_note_list()
- catch HTTPError when fetching notes
- immediately return if note could not be fetched
- trash_note has to succeed for deleting
- add json import fallbacks
- fix display of ‘+’ signs
- improved documentation
- add sphinx docs
- minor changes for pypi
- basic API methods
- get note list
- get single note
- add note
- update note
- trash note
- delete note
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size simplenote-2.1.4.tar.gz (8.2 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|