A standalone synthesizer that is controlled through text files in an extendable way.
It is a digital synthesizer that has no GUI and is controlled through text files instead. Thus, some things might be done much faster and some things might be completely automated.
The list of implemented and planned features is as follows:
- <input type="checkbox" checked="" disabled="" /> Balance between freedom for user and simplicity of input formats
- <input type="checkbox" checked="" disabled="" /> Support of additive synthesis, subtractive synthesis, and AM/PM synthesis
- <input type="checkbox" checked="" disabled="" /> Sound effects (e.g., phaser, overdrive, reverb, etc)
- <input type="checkbox" checked="" disabled="" /> Custom envelopes
- <input type="checkbox" checked="" disabled="" /> Noises and drums
- <input type="checkbox" disabled="" /> Rich collection of presets
To install a stable version, run:
pip install sinethesizer
This synthesizer converts MIDI files and special text files to WAV files with resulting audio tracks.
For a MIDI file, it can be done with the following command:
python -m sinethesizer \ -i path/to/track.midi \ -p path/to/presets.yml \ -m path/to/mapping.yml \ -o path/to/output.wav
However, MIDI files do not carry information about source location and event-level effects. Here, TSV (Tab-Separated Values) files of special schema can be used as a more self-contained alternative to MIDI. To process such a file, run:
python -m sinethesizer \ -i path/to/track.tsv \ -p path/to/presets.yml \ -o path/to/output.wav
Below table provides links to detailed information about input files that are required from a user.
|-i path/to/track.tsv||Track definition||Scale|
|-p path/to/presets.yml||Instruments definition||Demo instruments|
|-m path/to/mapping.yml||Mapping from MIDI instrument IDs to instruments from the presets||Demo mapping|
If something is still unclear, you can read the source code — it is structured and has built-in documentation. Also your questions are welcome.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size sinethesizer-0.5.2.tar.gz (43.7 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|