SlapOS Setup kit for dedicated SuSE machines.
Slapprepare is the script responsible of preparing an openSUSE computer to run slapos as a dedicated machine.
- Boot script in “/usr/sbin/slapos-boot-dedicated” and its associated service in:
- clientipv4 (openvpn conf)
- Remove script form older versions of slapprepare
It is in slapprepare/script/slapos
Run this whole command as root:
# wget zypper remove -y slapos.node; rm -f /etc/opt/slapos/slapos.node*.rpm; easy_install slapparepare && slapprepare -u ;
Run: # slapos-test This script will check your config file for missing section or parameters
You can use the slapos.cfg.example config file as reference for slapos.cfg. http://git.erp5.org/gitweb/slapos.core.git/blob_plain/HEAD:/slapos.cfg.example
# less /etc/cron.d/slapos
It should contain a call to slapupdate
# ls /etc/opt/slapos/
It should only contain your slapos configuration files and *-needed files
If you want to run lxc on you machine run these command:
# touch /etc/opt/slapos/SlapContainer-needed ; systemctl restart slapos-boot-dedicated.service
Openvpn by vifib for ipv6 is forced by default in the package. - If you want to deactivate it run # rm /etc/opt/slapos/openvpn-needed
- Start VPN if required before registering to SlapOS Master.
Note: it is no longer possible to run slapprepare without either registering Node or having an existing Node configuration.
- Add support for any SlapOS Master, not only slapos.org
- Don’t force install slapos if already installed.
- Only ask bridge question if it is not a VM.
- Don’t raise if impossible to find slapos configuration while trying to setup bridge (bug introduced in 1.0).
This is a re-release of 1.1.0, including correct “iniparse” dependency.
- Will autoreboot after two minutes in case of a kernel panic.
- Ask if machine will host VMs.
Initial stable release!
- Chown all files in software root and instance root when doing slapprepare. It allows easier USB key replacement.
- Completely disable root password. Won’t create random password.
- Fixed a bug where the hostname would contain a newline.
- Machine tweaks: raise max AIO NR and nofile, set semaphore limits. This allows to run many instances of apache/mysql/zope on the same machine.
- Mount /var/log on disk in order not to touch USB key.
- When running slapupdate, will update slapprepare as well.
- update crontab so that it calls slapupdate randomly. It means: not all nodes in the same timezone will try to update at the same time (thus not kill cache system).
- autoupdate through easy_install before running slapprepare
- Force start of VPN if defined
- Add limits.conf file preventing fork bombs and ensuring root can spawn lot of processes
- Re-release previous version with correct changes.
- Minor release: doesn’t show scary error when modprobe of some monitoring module can’t be done. [Cédric de Saint Martin]
- Change references of VIFIB to slapos.org.
- Don’t crash when we don’t want to create slapos.cfg file. [Cédric de Saint Martin]
- Initial release on Pypi.