SlapOS Setup kit for dedicated SuSE machines.
Slapprepare is the script responsible of preparing an openSUSE computer to run slapos as a dedicated machine.
- Will parse option and set basic parameters
- Add slapos repositories with zypper
- Install latest version of slapos but will deactivate slapos-node service
- (Wait till everything is ready)
- If option –update (-u) is given, it will skip the initial configuration step (disk formatting, etc)
- Will ask a few questions:
- “Automatically register new computer to Vifib?” (Default is yes)
- is yes choosen two more question will follow:
- “Define a unique name for this computer:”
- “Number of SlapOS partitions for this computer? Default is 20 :”
- “Is this a virtual Machine?” (Default is False)
- If not a virtual machine:
- “Do you want to use SlapOS with a second disk?” (Default is True)
- If True selected the script slapos_firstboot will be run searching for second a second disk.
- “Do you want to use vpn to provide ipv6?” (Default is Yes)
- If False selected will remove openvpn-needed file in config directory
- “Do you want to force the use lxc on this computer?” (Default is No)
- If Yes choosen will run “# touch /etc/opt/slapos/SlapContainer-needed”
- “Do you want a remote ssh access?” (Default is Yes)
- If yes is choosen, will later ask for a web address
- to download user’ public ssh key and put it in root authorized_keys
- If automatically register to vifib was choosen, it will run slapos node register which prepare slapos configuration
- Display computer’s reference (“Your Computer is : COMP-1234”)
- If remote ssh access was choosen will ask for public key address and download it.
- Will prepare computer:
- Setting hostname
- Adding the hostname as a valid address
- Creating safe sshd_config
- Creating default bridge config
- If remote ssh: Writing ssh key
- Adding slapos_firstboot in case of MultiDisk usage
- If multi-disk usage it will run slapos_firstboot and reinstall slapos
- It will install boot script that are not included in package
- Boot script in “/usr/sbin/slapos-boot-dedicated” and its associated service in:
- clientipv4 (openvpn conf)
- Remove script form older versions of slapprepare
- Configure NTP daemon
- Will enable an start slapos-boot-dedicated service
It is in slapprepare/script/slapos
- Deactivate slapos-node.service (daemon from package) to prepare quietly
- Check ipv4-ipv6 and start openvpn if needed or asked
- Reset root password
- Check if slapos is installed (if not reinstall it)
- Create PKI repository
- If slapos.cfg is not in /etc/opt/slapos/ it correct path in package
- script and cron file
- Set dedicated cron file “/etc/cron.d/slapos” - If SlapContainer-needed file in configuration directory will add a line to use it
- Set various parameters to improve running performance of slapos
How to update you old Suse Image (Suse 12.1 or sooner)
Run this whole command as root:
# wget zypper remove -y slapos.node; rm -f /etc/opt/slapos/slapos.node*.rpm; easy_install slapparepare && slapprepare -u ;
Check your config
Check your config file and your cron file
Run: # slapos-test This script will check your config file for missing section or parameters
You can use the slapos.cfg.example config file as reference for slapos.cfg. http://git.erp5.org/gitweb/slapos.core.git/blob_plain/HEAD:/slapos.cfg.example
Check dedicated cron file
# less /etc/cron.d/slapos
It should contain a call to slapupdate
Check your configuration directory
# ls /etc/opt/slapos/
It should only contain your slapos configuration files and *-needed files
Configure your machine:
If you want to run lxc on you machine run these command:
# touch /etc/opt/slapos/SlapContainer-needed ; systemctl restart slapos-boot-dedicated.service
Openvpn by vifib for ipv6 is forced by default in the package. - If you want to deactivate it run # rm /etc/opt/slapos/openvpn-needed
- Start VPN if required before registering to SlapOS Master.
Note: it is no longer possible to run slapprepare without either registering Node or having an existing Node configuration.
- Add support for any SlapOS Master, not only slapos.org
- Don’t force install slapos if already installed.
- Only ask bridge question if it is not a VM.
- Don’t raise if impossible to find slapos configuration while trying to setup bridge (bug introduced in 1.0).
This is a re-release of 1.1.0, including correct “iniparse” dependency.
- Will autoreboot after two minutes in case of a kernel panic.
- Ask if machine will host VMs.
Initial stable release!
- Chown all files in software root and instance root when doing slapprepare. It allows easier USB key replacement.
- Completely disable root password. Won’t create random password.
- Fixed a bug where the hostname would contain a newline.
- Machine tweaks: raise max AIO NR and nofile, set semaphore limits. This allows to run many instances of apache/mysql/zope on the same machine.
- Mount /var/log on disk in order not to touch USB key.
- When running slapupdate, will update slapprepare as well.
- update crontab so that it calls slapupdate randomly. It means: not all nodes in the same timezone will try to update at the same time (thus not kill cache system).
- autoupdate through easy_install before running slapprepare
- Force start of VPN if defined
- Add limits.conf file preventing fork bombs and ensuring root can spawn lot of processes
- Re-release previous version with correct changes.
- Minor release: doesn’t show scary error when modprobe of some monitoring module can’t be done. [Cédric de Saint Martin]
- Change references of VIFIB to slapos.org.
- Don’t crash when we don’t want to create slapos.cfg file. [Cédric de Saint Martin]
- Initial release on Pypi.