slc.calendarfetcher will fetch and import calendars from the ICS URLs you give it.
slc.calendarfetcher provides the ability to import multiple ICS calendar files (specified by their URLs) into a single folder. The folder must be subtyped as a Calendar, which is functionality provided by p4a.plonecalendar.
A tab labeled ‘Import ICal’ will appear on the folder, which leads the user to a simple form where multiple calendar URLs may be specified.
This form can be saved with the optional feature of immediately importing all events from the specified URLs.
By using a cronjob or Zope’s clockserver, this can be made automatic and periodically repeatable, ensuring that your Plone calendar is always up to date with the events from any other ICS conforming calendar (like iCal or Google Calendar).
You can use the following URL to update all the calendars in a site that have remote ICS files specified (NOTE: requires authentication):
Add slc.calendarfetcher to the eggs in the [instance] section of your buildout or install it via easy_install.
In Plone, slc.calendarfetcher can be installed via the portal_quickinstaller tool in the Zope Management Interface or in the Add-remove products section of Plone’s control panel.
- Changed dependency to p4a.calendar 1.2 [jcbrand]
- Added locales directory with some first translations. [jcbrand]
- Bugfix. Account for entries not being present in the annotations dict. [jcbrand]
- Renamed utility method for fetching calendars to avoid confusion. [jcbrand]
- Initial public release [jcbrand]