A library that makes consuming a REST API easier and more convenient
Slumber is a Python library that provides a convenient yet powerful object-oriented interface to ReSTful APIs. It acts as a wrapper around the excellent requests library and abstracts away the handling of URLs, serialization, and request processing.
Visit IRC channel (#slumber on irc.freenode.net) to get help, bounce ideas or generally shoot the breeze.
$ pip install slumber
Install Optional Requirement:
pip install pyyaml
Slumber requires the following modules.
- Python 2.6+
- pyyaml (If you are using the optional YAML serialization)
- Correct support for UTF encoded responses.
- Further Python 3 compatibility fixes, many thanks to Alexander Shchepetilnikov (irqed)
- Remove simplejson dependency.
- Support range now Python 2.6 - Python 3.4
- All HTTP methods support multipart/form-data. The new files parameter is directly passed to requests. Thanks to Philip Neustrom and Diego Gaustein.
- Now compatible with requests 1.0 thanks to Matias Saguir.
- Fix bug when using default serializer. Thanks to Andy McKay
- Support decoded unicode url fragments - Thanks @collinwat
- Added a session kwarg to slumber.API allowing passing a requests session that will be used instead of the slumber created one
- (Backwards Incompatible) Switched from httplib2 to requests
- (Backwards Incompatible) Removed the Meta class Magic
- (Backwards Incompatible) Removed the ability to subclass slumber.API to specify defaults
- (Backwards Incompatible) New Syntax for Specifying Authentication
- Fix regression where pre 0.3 urls were assumed to end in slash, and 0.3.0 presumed to end in not slash. Urls are now assumed to end in a slash, and if you don’t want this behavior you can disable it by the append_slash kwarg/Meta option (set to False to disable it).
- Fix regression caused by a mistyped variable name.
- Allowed nesting resources infinitely to allow more complex api usage.
- Cleaned up the Meta class and allow subclassing slumber.API
- (Backwards Incompatible) Cleaned up the exception names.
- (Backwards Incompatible) Renamed the slumber.API serialization kwarg from default_format to format to be more consistent
- Improved the documentation
- Added Some Tests (This could still be better)
- Fixed https urls and the accidental force to port 80
- Fixed the assumption that all urls end in a trailing slash
- Fixed Including of Changelog.rst
- Updated the docs to include a section about url parameters
- (Backwards Incompatible) Move specifying a non default serializer from api.resource.get(format="yaml") to api.resource(format="yaml").get()
- Reworked the internal Resource api to not clobber any kwargs passed to it. This fixes a bug where you couldn’t use format or url as the name for one of the url parameters.
- Fix for Resource.post() not passing kwargs to Resource.get()
- Initial public release of Slumber
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size slumber-0.7.1-py2-none-any.whl (9.7 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version 2.7||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size slumber-0.7.1.tar.gz (10.8 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|