Synchronize files through the sneakernet
Synchronize files through the [sneakernet](<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sneakernet>), i.e. using a removable drive.
- [rsync](<https://rsync.samba.org/>). The version must support extended attributes (-X flag).
- A removable drive with a filesystem matching the source and target computers.
- Feet or a compatible mean of transportation of the removable drive between computers.
Simply run pip install sneakersync.
The configuration is a [YAML](<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/YAML)-formatted> file that contains modules (directories to be synchronized) and filters (rules that exclude or include files or directories). Each module must contain a root entry (the top-level path to be synchronized) and may contain filters; if no filter is specified, all files and directories below the root of the module are included. Filters are defined by a list of include or exclude directives.
A minimal example which synchronizes the home folder of a user would look like: `` yaml modules: - root: /home/john.doe ``
To exclude a directory (and its content) and files with a given extension from a module, add a filters directive: `` yaml modules: - root: /home/john.doe filters: - exclude: /home/john.doe/.firefox/caches - exclude: *.pyc ``
To filter entries from all modules, use the top-level filters directive: `` yaml modules: - root: /home/john.doe - root: /home/jane.blogs filters: - exclude: .firefox/caches ``
Filters defined at the top-level will have priority over module-level filters.
- Create a filesystem on a removable drive that matches the source and target computers.
- Optional, but highly recommended: [encrypt](<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disk_encryption>) your removable drive.
- Store the [configuration](#configuration) in a file named sneakersync.cfg on the root of the drive.
- To send data, run sneakersync send <PATH_TO_YOUR_DRIVE>.
- Move your drive to the other computer and plug it in.
- To receive data, run sneakersync receive <PATH_TO_YOUR_DRIVE>.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size sneakersync-1.1.1-py2-none-any.whl (8.3 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py2||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size sneakersync-1.1.1-py3-none-any.whl (8.3 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size sneakersync-1.1.1.tar.gz (5.1 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for sneakersync-1.1.1-py2-none-any.whl
Hashes for sneakersync-1.1.1-py3-none-any.whl