Generate mutated sequence files from a reference genome.
SNP Mutator was developed by the United States Food
and Drug Administration, Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition.
- Reads a fasta file and generates any number of mutated fasta replicate files.
- Mutations can be any number of single-base substitutions, insertions, and deletions at randomly
chosen positions, uniformly distributed across the genome.
- Generates a summary file listing the original base and the mutation for all mutated positions.
See the LICENSE file included in the SNP Mutator distribution.
- Allow lowercase bases in the input fasta file.
- Do not mutate gaps or ambiguous positions.
- Add a command line switch to show the program version.
- Remove spaces from the summary file column headings. This will simplify downstream
analysis in some scripting languages.
- First release on GitHub, Read the Docs, and PyPI.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.