SockJS python server implementation on top of Tornado framework
Simplified echo SockJS server could look more or less like:
from tornado import web, ioloop from sockjs.tornado import SockJSRouter, SockJSConnection class EchoConnection(SockJSConnection): def on_message(self, msg): self.send(msg) if __name__ == '__main__': EchoRouter = SockJSRouter(EchoConnection, '/echo') app = web.Application(EchoRouter.urls) app.listen(9999) ioloop.IOLoop.instance().start()
(Take look at examples for a complete version).
Subscribe to SockJS mailing list for discussions and support.
SockJS provides slightly different API than _tornado.websocket_. Main differences are:
- Depending on transport, actual client connection might or might not be there. So, there is no _self.request_ and other _tornado.web.RequestHandler_ properties.
- Changed _open_ callback name to _on_open_ to be more consistent with other callbacks.
- Instead of _write_message_, all messages are sent using _send_ method. Just in case, _send_ in _tornado.web.RequestHandler_ sends raw data over the connection, without encoding it.
- There is handy _broadcast_ function, which accepts list (or iterator) of clients and message to send.
You can pass various settings to the _SockJSRouter_, in a dictionary:
MyRouter = SockJSRouter(MyConnection, '/my', dict(disabled_transports=['websocket']))
sockjs-tornado properly works behind haproxy and it is recommended deployment approach.
Sample configuration file can be found here.
If your log is full of “WARNING: Connection closed by the client”, pass _no_keep_alive_ as _True_ to _HTTPServer_ constructor:
- SockJS 0.3 support
- Connection multiplexing sample
- IP validation is now optional
- SockJS 0.2 support and compatibility fixes
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size sockjs-tornado-0.0.3.zip (37.5 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|